Hello from Northern Michigan...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMBrewer

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself a bit here. I have been reading these pages for a couple of years now on and off. Four years ago I started making craft beers, but until recently I have atleast two in my primary at all times. So given that my quantity has been upped and am going to start producing more (more than 5 gal at a time) I am in the process of collecting as much information as possible.

So like I said, just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks for all the insight over the past four years!

The only job offer coming out of school was here in GB (construction company willing to work out of state), and my last batch was my first attempt at a Maibock. Next week's batch is still up in the air.

Welcome to HBT OMBrewer!
There are plenty of people from Michigan here. I'm sure you can find some people to get together with.
Tell us some more about your brewing. What system do you use? What are your favorite styles to brew?

My brewing.... Just thinking about it makes me happy. Well I don't use any cans anymore, which has been a big step the last year. I am a big fan of hoppy beer. I really like using Perle hops to finish, almost any kind of beer. My beer of choice, is one I have not perfected yet, a great wheat beer. I would say my best brew is my IPA, which has yet to get a name.

I think to brew a great wheat beer I need different equipment. I still just use the 5 gal typical home brew stuff. I have 8 different buckets but am looking to start doing 20 gal or more brews. Any tips as to how or where to get such equipment without having to drop 2k?

BTW, love your avatar. GO WINGS!

Hi, I grew up in Boyne City, and have cousins in Elk Rapids:tank:

I now live just south of Mt Pleasant:)

Latest posts

Back