Hello from Norfolk,VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clark317

Reaction score
Hello. I am a complete new brewer from Norfolk, VA. I picked-up a copy of Joy of Homebrewing and almost read cover to cover in a week. Really interested in getting a hobby, now that I have house and more space. Picked up a kit recipe from HomebrewUSA, the closest homebrew store. It is a specialty grain/extract kit, I feel pretty comfortable with the process and plan on brewing today (6/27). I bought the bulk of my equipment from another homebrewer on Craigslist, for a really good deal. I need a couple more items for bottling and racking to a second fermenter, thankfully I can literally walk/crawl to the homebrew store! This first recipe is a hefeweizen and I hope I didn't jump into doing a wheat beer to early, but the process really seems the same for everything using extract.

I look forward to learning from this site. Most questions I plopped into google led me here, and I was excited to see such an active online community!!!

Back