hello from NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrybomb

Reaction score
Hi everyone
noob to this but it seems right up my alley as a natural DIYer. I just finished building a great bar in the man-cave, so it's time to get serious about brewing/stocking it. I've already got a three tap tower in the bar but NOTHING else yet. Hoping for and possible plans are for the tap triple play with beer (me), soda (kids), and posibly even some wine or some other fruity fermented product (wife) all on tap.
Figured I'd get/build a fridge/keezer and get some corny kegs, and then go to town on them. Doing all the reading up and lurking I can here so I don't look too stupid, but I do have tons of questions for all you experts. The first ones would be mostly centered around the right equipment pieces and where to get them (did I mention I am a cheap ba$tad?). Figured I'd start with a four keg setup (one extra) and maybe a fridge/freezer big enough to expand for some more down the line. Have seen some on Ebay and other online stores etc. that are pretty reasonable, but would you guys recomment any decent vendors (or who to stay away from?). I know I will need to buy extra parts and pieces to customize for what I am trying to do, who is good for the odds and end parts as well?

Thanks everyone and BTW this Forum looks awesome!:mug:

I'm in Mullica Hill (next to Glassboro) down South. Looks Like your from Jefferson, is that the one west of Rockaway? I'm originally from up North by Wayne so I still have alot of friends up there. Still go up regularly to drink some Beers and shoot some pool at my buddies in Rockaway. Wife's family in Ringwood as well.

Any forum members from South Jersey here?

It's actually one north of Rockaway. I used to shoot down at Rockaway Billiards when...Darren? owned the place.

-Joe

They still go to Rockaway Billiards for pool tournies once in a while....but about half a mile away is his house with a REALLY nice 9ft Olhausen next to his kegerator so....hang out there most of the time :tank: He's a much bigger beer drinker than me as well. Always up for beer talk and pool with good company so maybe I'll post next time I go up.

Hey, I'm in Mt. Laurel.

Nice, That's pretty close. :rockin: Do you get any of your equipment locally or are there any homebrew shops around here? I also lived in Medford for awhile so I'm pretty familiar with the Marlton/Medford area. Do you know any other guys on this board that are local?

Welcome fellow Jerseyite! :mug:

I'm Camden born and bred, the Woodlyn, Oaklyn, Philly, and Atlantic City while growing up. I lived in Browns Mills for a while as well as Mt Holly before heading elsewhere. I've also lived in several other states as well as Germany twice for 9 years.

I still have relatives in Cherry Hill, Pennsauken, Franklin, Philly, etc.

I get to Rockaway/Dover a couple times a year.

Early childhood in Woodlyn, then grew up in Mount Laurel.

I did a lot of canoeing around Mullica Hill back in my Boy Scout days.

Welcome!

...and you are really Anoop Dawg too!!

They still have that bar near the college with the round hole in the floor?

I did 3 tours at Ft Bragg...:D

I'm not sure which one that is, but the dive bar I used to frequent may as well as have had holes in the floor, it would have been an improvement.

Back