Hello from MI!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIMcDunnough

Reaction score
I am going to brew my second batch tomorrow. I tried my first batch 6 years ago and failed miserably. I never really wanted to try it again until this weekend. On Friday, I tried some great beers at the Michigan brew fest and I am motivated now to try homebrewing again.
Anyway, I look forward to all the knowledge and advice I will learn from all the master brewers on this website!

here's to your first success in homebrewing, and many hours of quality time over a brew kettle in the future! :mug:

congratulations on your decision to not give up...

Thomas Edison failed 10,000 times when trying to build the light bulb, but when he was asked about it he answered "failed? I didn't fail... I successfully found 10,000 ways how not to build a light bulb"

Welcome!

Do not fear the failure. For one, it happens once in a while. Second, now that you are here, you will not fail! Seriously, there is a ton of info online now. Read up and just do it! It will be fine.

If I may ask, whereabouts in MI are you, and what do you have for brewing books? I recommend How to Brew by John Palmer, or Joy of Homebrewing by Papazian. Both good for starting and for referencing. And there is no better group of guys to hang with than us (oops, sorry, I must have forgot my modesty at home this morning ! ;)

Wish I could have made the beer festival. I wanted to, but my Brother in Law got married this weekend and I had to DJ and help out with whatever the women told me to do. I've been to the winter beer festival a couple of years ago and it was great.

Anyway, check out the beginning forums and ask questions! Some of us are just sitting here waiting for newbies to have problems.

Thanks! Its good to know that I have somewhere I can go for expert help.

I'm from Shelby Township. I have Papazian's book and Homebrewing for Dummies.

Right now I have added the grains and waiting for it to cool. I'm excited and a little anxious. I tried to be diligent about cleaning and sanitizing. I even kicked the wife and kids out of the house!

I borrowed Homebrewing for Dummies from the library and actually found it to be a very useful book and not nearly as simple as I thought it would be.

So is this an All Grain recipe??

Back