Hello from IRAN !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector2000

Reaction score
I am Hector from iran.
Highly restricted area for making and drinking Alcoholic Drinks!

I have Organic Chemistry P.H.D and i love brewing, especially lager beer.

I hope we can share our knowledge about beautiful brewing science!

Best regard

Hello and welcome!
How do you get brewing ingredients there?

For several years I lived in Turkey (no alcohol bans and even some basic homebrew stores) and heard there many interesting things about drinking in Iran.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome!
How do you get brewing ingredients there?
Thanks
With difficulty and more expensive that original price.
Usually we find supplier on instagram
This is unbelievable for me that there are 100+ type of beer in Belgium restaurants and bar but we dont have even one!

Good luck to you who live in democratic and free countries.
Appreciate freedom

And which kinds of malts, hops and yeasts you can order through Instagram: German, English, Chinese?

Right notion on freedom, Hector. Many take it for granted. Which they shouldn't.

And which kinds of malts, hops and yeasts you can order through Instagram: German, English, Chinese?

Right notion on freedom, Hector. Many take it for granted. Which they shouldn't.
Fortunately there is one legal supplier in whole of iran(behmalt Company) that produce Malt(Pilsner,Munchen,Crystal ) and import some type of Hops(Mitterfruh,Magnum,pearl,..) for making islamic beer(what strange combination!! islamic + beer).
But there is no legal shop or supplier for buying yeast.we have to trust and buy from illegal supplier on instagram(maybe same situation for drug buyer in U.S :rock:).
One of famous supplier in instagram is @Goldenfermentation page,
They import different type of yeast from sweden illegals (By smuggling method ;))
Lalvin and
Mangrove jacks yeast
are available on @Goldenfermentation.
For example i have to pay 10$ for each Ec1118 or M54 yeast !
What is your local shop prices?where are you from?USA?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, and best of luck with your brewing!

Please be careful. I can only imagine what the penalties might be for making alcoholic beverages there.
Thanks,
Penalties list:
First time:whip
Second time: whip and jail
Third time: more whip and jail
Fourth time: meeting with Devil(execution)!
سلام و خوشآمدی I hope that is correct.
I had a very good friend at work from Iran. He was a very friendly guy.
That is exactly correct (ممنونم)
Iranian, especially young people loves american and european people.(me too);)🥰

Fortunately there is one legal supplier in whole of iran(behmalt Company) that produce Malt(Pilsner,Munchen,Crystal ) and import some type of Hops(Mitterfruh,Magnum,pearl,..) for making islamic beer(what strange combination!! islamic + beer).
But there is no legal shop or supplier for buying yeast.we have to trust and buy from illegal supplier on instagram(maybe same situation for drug buyer in U.S :rock:).
One of famous supplier in instagram is @Goldenfermentation page,
They import different type of yeast from sweden illegals (By smuggling method ;))
Lalvin and
Mangrove jacks yeast
are available on @Goldenfermentation.
For example i have to pay 10$ for each Ec1118 or M54 yeast !
What is your local shop prices?where are you from?USA?
Thanks for the detailed answer! Those Prohibition Rules are ridiculous indeed. The Turks sell beer and booze and have homebrewing stores and still remain no less muslims because of that.
Now I got it, Iran produces its own malt. Islamic beer, I know it, a non-alcoholic one. Tried it once in Egypt.
I'm not from the USA, I'm from Latvia originally, living abroad. Ordinary price for M54 should be around $4 I think.
Do village people in Iran brew the Boza wheat/millet/rice beer at home? I've been told it's brewed throughout the Middle East, whether legally or not. I learned the recipe from Turks and brewed it once. Much, much more labor-intensive process than any European beer I brewed, way harder than any triple-decocted-Lager.

Thanks for the detailed answer! Those Prohibition Rules are ridiculous indeed. The Turks sell beer and booze and have homebrewing stores and still remain no less muslims because of that.
Now I got it, Iran produces its own malt. Islamic beer, I know it, a non-alcoholic one. Tried it once in Egypt.
I'm not from the USA, I'm from Latvia originally, living abroad. Ordinary price for M54 should be around $4 I think.
Do village people in Iran brew the Boza wheat/millet/rice beer at home? I've been told it's brewed throughout the Middle East, whether legally or not. I learned the recipe from Turks and brewed it once. Much, much more labor-intensive process than any European beer I brewed, way harder than any triple-decocted-Lager.
Most of village people in iran are Religious and they believe making and drinking of alcoholic beverages is unforgivable sin!.
The popular alcoholic drinks in iran are vodka of raisins and red wine.both are handmade and some times dangerous for drink.

It is horrible to know that more than 1,000 people a year in Iran go blind or die due to the presence of methanol in alcohol

Wow, that's tough.
I thought they had some kind of traditional fermented alcoholic drink in Iran as peoples in many other Middle Eastern countries do.
Are you a Muslim yourself, if I may ask such a personal question? Me, I'm a Catholic.
---
I thought also, if you have to buy yeast clandestinely for double the price, then you may find here some great suggestions on to how to multiply your yeast and freeze-store it at home, and have it however much you need at any time without the need to buy it anymore.
Although, being a chemist, you're most probably doing that already.

Last edited:
Wow, that's tough.
I thought they had some kind of traditional fermented alcoholic drink in Iran as peoples in many other Middle Eastern countries do.
Are you a Muslim yourself, if I may ask such a personal question? Me, I'm a Catholic.
---
I thought also, if you have to buy yeast clandestinely for double the price, then you may find here some great suggestions on to how to multiply your yeast and freeze-store it at home, and have it however much you need at any time without the need to buy it anymore.
Although, being a chemist, you're most probably doing it already.
In Iran, all people are automatically born Muslims and do not have the right to choose other religions.
I personally respect all religions, but I do not have a specific religion.
I love Buddhism and Christianity, and I'm sure I would be a Priest if I were born in Europe or USA. ;)

Of course i am multiplying yeast and freeze them right now and even i use special technique for some steps in brewing.

Today i created a topic about multiplying m54 yeast!
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/i-am-confused-about-m54.700879/

Last edited:
illegal supplier on instagram(maybe same situation for drug buyer in U.S :rock:).
Actually here in the states, illegal drugs are more of a personal thing...or used to be 20 years ago for me...

Welcome aboard! I look forward to hearing about your malting, or similar! :mug: (and i might have some chemistry questions for you!)

Actually here in the states, illegal drugs are more of a personal thing...or used to be 20 years ago for me...

Welcome aboard! I look forward to hearing about your malting, or similar! :mug: (and i might have some chemistry questions for you!)
Thanks.
Of course,I also use special techniques in the production of alcoholic beverages that may be useful and interesting to you.
I would be happy if I could describe these techniques.

Welcome Hector!

During Prohibition in the USA (before my time) there was more homebeer being produced than there is today. The ingredients were obtained with the "intent" to make bread.
Thanks,
I believe that the human is not limitable and always overcomes limitations as it has always been in history.

Back