Hello from Connecticut!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCyclist

Reaction score
Greetings!

Brian here. Originally from the midwest, I've been drinking craft beer since before it was cool to drink craft beer. The hoppier the better!

About a month ago, while enjoying a Smuttynose "Finestkind" IPA and admiring the sediment in the glass, I thought to myself, "I can do this!" So, I picked-up John Palmer's "How to Brew", watched a lot of YouTube and of course downloaded the HBT app for iPad.

My base equipment is the glass carboy deluxe starter kit from Northern Brewer, plus a few other necessities I snagged-up after further research, like the 3 piece airlocks, brew hauler and some Star San. My first brew will be Northern's Chinook IPA extract kit followed by their Waldo Lake Amber, also extract. Obviously, I'm set up for two-stage fermentation, but after a lot of reading on this forum, I think I'll just condition in my primary for the first batch - to avoid possible contamination - and see how it goes.

I've learned a TON from this forum and am looking forward to boil day!

Cheers!
:mug:

Latest posts

Back