Hello from Canada!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixelrust

Reaction score
Hi there! I Just started brewing today, but I've been checking this fantastic website for a while. I am starting with the dry extract method, but surely will move into all grain in a future, if money and wife allow me, hehehe. I am from Spain, but have been living abroad for a while, around Europe, China and now, finally, and hopefully for a while, in Canada. I am now in Cobourg, Ontario.
I really like hoppy ales like IPA's or double IPA's, but i can surely appreciate any other style of beer. my preferred ABV is anywhere between 5.5% to 8%.
So I just didn't want to miss the chance to introduce myself and wish you all a good one!

By the way, if anybody knows about any canadian brewing supplier's site or good shops to visit I will certainly appreciate the info!

:tank:

Thanks!!!

You found the right place for the latest info/thoughts on brewing, wine making & foodie stuff! After so much wandering, I bet you've drank a lot of different beers to try & brew?!:tank:

OBK or beergrains for supplies, hops from everwood ave brewing, oh and Toronto brewing is good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thank you everybody!
Yep, so far I would just stay with the ones I've tried so far from the new and upcoming craft beer market, no insult meant but commercial beers here lack a bit of body or taste, compared to the ones that i am used to from Europe, but, in exchange, I would dare to say that the craft beer market here puts Europe to shame, hehehe...

Thanks again for the info, there are lots of places around to make your own wine, but, not so much for beer or supplies for beer (just kits and equipment more than supplies), so I think that buying online is kind of a must around here!

Whoa, welcome!! I'm from Belleville, we're practically neighbours. You'll have to get grains online if you make the switch, there's no retailers around here.

Whoa, welcome!! I'm from Belleville, we're practically neighbours. You'll have to get grains online if you make the switch, there's no retailers around here.

Thanks!, yep we are quite close!
There is a retailer there that sells brewers best kits, i already ordered from him a double IPA and an imperial blonde ale that will arrive in around 2 weeks, can't wait!!!:mug:

You found the right place for the latest info/thoughts on brewing, wine making & foodie stuff! After so much wandering, I bet you've drank a lot of different beers to try & brew?!:tank:
yep, more than I could possibly attempt to try brewing, hehehe. In Beijing there are several going micro breweries, one of them is called "The great leap", they recently opened a bar where you could taste their brews and I have to say that I was greatly inspired by them, so now that I am back in a country where getting the necessary ingredients is not a problem I wanted to give it a try!:D
I also love cooking, so, in a way, I think I can see similarities into the following a recipe or getting a little bit creative, but that coming after you get familiar with the process and successfully achieve a few good batches, I guess.

Latest posts

Back