Hello from Athens Georgia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandler71

Reaction score
My experience with beer has been an adventure to say the least. I started out drinking Coors light, and Budlight with my buds while playing golf and watching my Dawgs play ball. I met this sexy young woman who was drinking these weird beers in bottles with crazy looking labels on them. She kept drinking this one called Terrapin that she liked. So I go out to dinner one night, and I see this beer called a Terrapin Rye Pale Ale, so I order it up. I take a big swig of this stuff, and wonder what the heck is wrong with this woman. This stuff is bitter... wow i thought. I did manage to drink it all. Well our relationship grew, and I started trying diffrent craft beers, and my pallate changed along the way, and now I was searching out every craft beer I could try. BTW, Terrapin Rye Pale Ale is one of my favorite brews, and I enjoy going over to the local brewery and doing the brewery tours, although my cabinets are over flowing with pint glasses that I have gotten from them. I joined up with Beer Advocate, and have read so much about craft beers, and we have a local pub named Trapezze that does a tremendous job of always having something new and great on tap. It also helps that our local bottle shop Five Points Bottle has around 1500 diffrent beers to chose from. I love IPA and Stouts. My girl friend laughs now when she sees me drinking a Stout.. she says" and to think all you used to drink is water beer, and now your drinking stouts.. You have come a long way my dear". So I am a Beer freak now. For Thanksgiving her brother comes down, and has a bottle of beer that he has homebrewed. I had a sample and then I was hooked line and sinker.. I mean what could be better than brewing your own beer? I had my girl friend order me a kit for Christmas from Midwest Supplies, and I just brewed my first batch last night. I have an IPA sitting in my closet fermenting now... YAY. I found this website a few weeks ago, and have been reading, and laughing at some of the stuff that I have seen posted. I have learned a lot in the last few weeks from this site, and also some books I have read. I look forward to this journey, and hope to learn and contribute lots more. Thanks for this great resource, and Hello from Athens, Georgia.. Home of the Georgia Bulldogs!!!

It makes you feel like the first 20 drinking years were wasted, huh? Well, technically, they probably were "wasted" (this, from a fellow dawg). Glad to have you and welcome to one of the greatest hobbies/obsessions out there!

If you are a fan of Trapezze, have you tried Wild Heaven Brews yet? Eric Johnson is pretty cool and you may even be able to bask in his homebrewing sometime. I was talking to him the other day - he brews on a 50 gallon system! Awesome!

Again... glad to have you join the flock.

Latest posts

Back