Hello from Abingdon, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneb

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get into home brewing for years but I have never been willing to part with the necessary start-up cash. At this point, I am obsessed with it and I don't even have the equipment so as a little gift to myself this year I will finally be getting what I need as soon as my tax refund comes in.

Since I will inevitably be brewing some time within the next few weeks, I have been doing endless research ever since I made the decision to finally start (about 3 weeks ago). It seems that every time I have a question all I ever have to do is search these boards and there's always a good, clear, concise answer. For that I am very thankful to all of you. It was a confusing first few days before I found this board when everything I looked up included a great many words that had no meaning for me and all kinds of acronyms.

Since this board has been so good about answering my questions before I ask them I have never had a reason to post yet. I figured I'd go ahead and post in the introductions board. So, in short: Hi everybody. You'll probably be seeing a lot of me in the coming weeks.

welcome to the group, glad the board could be of help. This certainly isn't a hobby for those who dislike parting with money but for me making beer is a lot of fun.

glad to have you, Ian.

Welcome to the forum and your new hobby/obsession. I started a little over 10 years ago and still upgrade things here and there. Still learning new things. Just be patient, don't sweat the small stuff. If I was to give one piece of advise, it would be lay everything out in the order you need it. Can't tell you the # of times I almost forgot a certain ingredient. Have fun fellow Virginian!

Welcome to the obsession. I spent a few months staying in Abingdon and working in the area last winter (during the couple 10"+ snow storms that hit). Beautiful area when the weather is nice...

Back