Hello from Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PashMaddle

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Ian and I recently got back into brewing after about a ten year hiatus. I decided to go with all grain this time around so I'll have lots of questions and stories about knuckleheaded stuff to share.

Knucklehead stories? Bring it on!

Welcome to the group!
My goodies from morebeer just showed up about an hour ago so Saturday should be a brew day (my first AG brew day) and in turn, I will inevitably do some knucklheaded stuff.

I mean, I’m gonna do knucklheaded stuff regardless but this stuff will be brewing related and therefore relevant to this particular corner of the interweb.

TLDR: stories incoming Saturday.

My goodies from morebeer just showed up about an hour ago so Saturday should be a brew day (my first AG brew day) and in turn, I will inevitably do some knucklheaded stuff.

I mean, I’m gonna do knucklheaded stuff regardless but this stuff will be brewing related and therefore relevant to this particular corner of the interweb.

TLDR: stories incoming Saturday.
I hope your first all grain brew goes very well and you have no knuckleheaded stories to share. Or you can always make something up!

I hope your first all grain brew goes very well and you have no knuckleheaded stories to share. Or you can always make something up!
Thanks! I appreciate that this forum has shown more faith in me not to dumb **** in my first 24 hours than my wife and boss have in the past 15 years… you’ll learn…

In the (unlikely) event that I don’t do anything dumb on brew day I suppose I *could* make stories up. It’s been said that the Irish are good at 2 things: making up stories (or “lying” if you wanna be crass about it) and drinking. I don’t like to encourage stereotypes but I will say that I have done both of those things, sometimes at the same time.

From the very beginning with our first batch till the last one we are always learning. I've been doing this for, I almost hate say, forty years and I still learn something. I've also had some knucklehead moments too!

Just make you have everything ready and have a good idea what you need to. Be patient, take good notes, learn as go and try to have fun.

Welcome to HBT! What part of MS? I grew up in Scott County, live near Birmingham now.
Thanks!
I live in Monroe County now but I guess I'm from all over MS. I spent my younger years in NE MS and my teen-early 20s on the coast. I met my wife in Tupelo and lived there until we bought a house out here in the middle of tornado alley.

So you are fairly close to Trost und Prost homebrew supply in Tupelo. I've picked up some stuff from them a few times when visiting family in Oxford and Coldwater.
I am. I just got some stuff from there the other day. The owner is a really nice guy and knows his stuff too, from what I can tell.

Back