Hello & free hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FWH

Reaction score
I'm new to this site (not new to home brewing) and wanted to see if anyone would like some free home-grown, pesticide-free hops. I have more Smaragd and Chinook than I can use. Currently dried, vacuum packed and in the freezer. 2022 & 2021 crops. My plants yield more than I can use and they're taking up too much freezer space; it's either give them away or in the compost bin. Free to a good home (i.e another home brewer). They are currently located in Bay Village, OH.

Welcome! Smaragd hops sound interesting to me, I've never heard of them either. If you want to send me some, I'll pay shipping and/or send back some of the resulting beer!

Smaragd is a German hop. Here's a link describing it: Smaragd | BarthHaas. Some people consider it dual purpose (aroma & bittering).

We had a very dry July/August here, resulting in some early browning of the cones before they were ready for harvest but they seem to have plenty of lupuline in them and a great aroma. However, I hate to have you pay for postage and be disappointed. I have attached a photo of a few bags of them. If you are still interested let me know how you want them shipped.

I have just under 7 ounces (dried) in vacuum packs are about 1-2 ounces.

I also have Chinook hops but they are so easy to find at brew suppliers it probably wouldn't be worth the cost of the shipping. The Smaragd are harder to find.

Prosit,
Fred H

Attachments

• com.google.android.apps.photos.Image.PDF
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Back