Hefe FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just topped the three week point on my hefe, I lost the original recipe with the FG on it does 1.002 sound right? thanks in advance :tank:

Sounds pretty low, IMHO. This must be an AG beer for your FG to be so low. I'm no expert, but this beer will be really dry and thin. Are you sure your hydrometer is accurate?

Yea, test your hydrometer in water. What was your SG?
It could be right, but that low is more like an AG Centennial Blonde

It was Called hefe 1 or something of that sort from a local store, maybe i can call the store and ask them what its supposed to be im still fairly new into the testing my beer thing you guys have any tips on testing?

If your LHBS made the recipe they can definitely tell you what the FG should be.

I take a sample of my brew with a sanitized turkey baster put it into a Hydrometer Jar (tall skinny tube of plastic w/ a bottom). You can do it in any tall cup though, you just need to take a larger sample.

Drop in the Hydrometer, spin it a couple times to clear any bubbles from the bottom and see where the liquid level is on the meter.

If the bottom tip of the hydrometer is touching the bottom of the glass you need more fluid till it is fully suspended in the sample.

Don't forget to adjust the gravity based on the temperature of the liquid, a table of adjustments should have come with the Hydrometer.

If you post the recipe I can run it through BeerSmith and get an estimate for the FG.

Ya thats the whole thing i dont have the recipe sheet anymore, it probably would have had the FG on there, I take readings just like you do and i dont think there is anything wrong with my hydrometer I took another one today and it dropped ever so slightly, so i just said screw it and racked it over to my keg, Ill keep ya updated on how it tastes :drunk:

Back