heartbroken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you can always brew it and adjust for less volume, but that would increase the "hoppiness", maybe go for final liquid amount of about 17 liters with 500 grams of basic sugar.

edit. adding dme instead of sugar will make for a nicer beer most of the time, as it increases body and malt flavours.

arrived home this evening to greet my little package that was delivered today a pouch kit of mangrove jacks pink grapefruit ipa the whole reason i got the homebrew bits to make tasty beers like this had my sunday planned to get it on the go and hop my first batch of blonde i done last sunday this is the only day i have time for this due to work and famliy so looks at the pack which says on the front only this i need are the basic tools this pouch and a certain amount of beer enhancer now no warning was given on description on site i got it from said extra ingredients needed so where do i stand now do i need to reorder enhancer and wait til next sunday or do wise brew heads here have any escape route for me ps please help

Reading/decoding this post made my head hurt. Sentences, man - use sentences. You know, separate complete thoughts through the use of periods and capital letters.

Perhaps if you weigh the included ingredients, you could scale back and lower the volume of the brew while maintaining its strength.

I know it is your first shot at this, but the info on basic ratios needed can be easily found, even on this forum.

arrived home this evening to greet my little package that was delivered today a pouch kit of mangrove jacks pink grapefruit ipa the whole reason i got the homebrew bits to make tasty beers like this had my sunday planned to get it on the go and hop my first batch of blonde i done last sunday this is the only day i have time for this due to work and famliy so looks at the pack which says on the front only this i need are the basic tools this pouch and a certain amount of beer enhancer now no warning was given on description on site i got it from said extra ingredients needed so where do i stand now do i need to reorder enhancer and wait til next sunday or do wise brew heads here have any escape route for me ps please help

Beer enhancer serves the same purpose as writing enhancers do, i.e., such as using capital letters and periods to denote where sentences begin and end. :)

There is some good information in the replies to "crazyeyebrow" and, unfortunately, there a lot of smart a$$ comments. This is a beginners forum where a fellow traveler is trying to get some help.. How much does a garbage reply help? I'm truly surprised at Pappers remark.. Staff member/moderator/great brewer/etc... You are supposed to help. Crazy is from Ireland and may not write or speak "American" english with the same fluidity as some of us. Try writing in his native language and you might see his problem with communication. That said... (soap box kicked out of the way)

Crazy.. you are on a learning curve. You can probably make some decent beer with this kit. Unfortunately, there aren't any easy answers to this if you really are set on making beer this weekend. You will either have to put it off.. or.. might I suggest you go to your local brewery, ask to speak to one of the chief guys there and see if they will be able to give/sell you what you need. I have found local breweries in my neck of the woods to be very helpful to home brewers.. many of the brewers started in the same place as you are starting.. in the garage or kitchen.

Cheers and good luck, Crazy. I'm hoping to hear the results

There is some good information in the replies to "crazyeyebrow" and, unfortunately, there a lot of smart a$$ comments. This is a beginners forum where a fellow traveler is trying to get some help.. How much does a garbage reply help? I'm truly surprised at Pappers remark.. Staff member/moderator/great brewer/etc... You are supposed to help. Crazy is from Ireland and may not write or speak "American" english with the same fluidity as some of us. Try writing in his native language and you might see his problem with communication. That said... (soap box kicked out of the way)

Crazy.. you are on a learning curve. You can probably make some decent beer with this kit. Unfortunately, there aren't any easy answers to this if you really are set on making beer this weekend. You will either have to put it off.. or.. might I suggest you go to your local brewery, ask to speak to one of the chief guys there and see if they will be able to give/sell you what you need. I have found local breweries in my neck of the woods to be very helpful to home brewers.. many of the brewers started in the same place as you are starting.. in the garage or kitchen.

Cheers and good luck, Crazy. I'm hoping to hear the results
Thanks

Oh my god would u ever stop nearly every post I looked at has abbreviations go and annoy some one else

I tried to point out that your post was unreadable in a nice/funny way, but you didn't get the hint. So then I posted the rule for you. You've now twice told me to go away. I'm not being a grammar nazi or requiring some high level of writing - just make the thing readable. Every 50 words or so, put in a period. Jeez.

Crazy is on a temporary vacation from HBT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back