Williams Brewing - Extract Fermenting in the Package

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncbrewer

Reaction score
This post is continued from a previous one, but since the subject has changed, I started a new thread. I made an order from Williams Brewing on 5-29-22 - it arrived a few days later. It included three pouches of LME. Two had no problems, but one, the Nut Brown extract, started fermenting in the sealed package - I found it swollen on 8-22-22. I emailed Williams and got a refund for the bad extract. Then I asked about reordering, since I didn’t want another contamination issue. I got this response:

“I spoke to Bill and we do not know when or if we might get more Nut Brown. We do have quite a bit until we run out. Not all of it has been bagged. We've only had a couple that started to ferment in the bag. The other sizes seem to be fine. We do believe it may have had to do with the hot weather. It is refrigerated here and we are now going to put a sticker on the bags in warm weather to refrigerate on arrival.”

It seems to me they are not addressing the primary problem, which is contaminated extract, and that putting a sticker on the bags is not a real solution. I’d like to see what others think about it. Opinions?

Back