Heading to Anaheim, help me find Pliny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat_thru_marshall

Reaction score
I will be in Anaheim CA (Disneyland Hotel to be exact) this Monday and I MUST find a bar to drink Pliny at.

I am from Oklahoma via Texas and I have never had it. I must drink it.

Can anyone tell me where to go? I wont have a car, so something that is within a 20 minute or so cab ride from the Disneyland Hotel is preferable.

PLEASE help me! I'd prefer a craft beer bar where I can drink Pliny, get all the Stone beers, maybe some Lagunitas or some Lost Abbey....all the stuff I cant get out here.

Thanks in advance.

Was just in Anaheim last weekend. Outlook not so hot.
Off of the list linked in the previous post I can rule out
BJ's Chicago Pizzeria - Brea --called and they acted like they never heard of it.
Town & Country Liquor - Fullerton -- didn't have it but do have impressive selection - worth checking out anyway
Carl's Liquor - Fullerton --don't carry anymore due to RR requiring them to carry all their stuff
Vendome - Fullerton -- called and they said "not this week"

not sure about this one but worth checking out -
Hollingshead's Delicatessen - Orange - Looked impressive not sure if they had it because they are closed weekends.

http://www.hollingsheadsdeli.com/Home.html

Probably ten minutes from D Land. I was there last week and they were limiting customers to one case of Pliny each. Yes I said case for $115.00 for 24 16oz bottles.

I'm sure that batch is gone now but they are your best bet. If not them then check out Beachwood in Seal Beach.

http://www.beachwoodbbq.com/beer.php

That is the hopcam you can check to see what they have, it updates every 15 minutes. They are closed Mondays though so don't go then. As of this writing I see Pliny on tap.

As Mobly said, Hollingshead is closed weekends and they close around 8 at night so go early during the week. They don't always have it on tap but they will definitely have something good. Last week they had Avery Maharajah, Port Mongo and a few other DIPA's as well as 10 or so other great beers.

Beachwood in Seal Beach is wonderful even if they dont have Pliny on tap. You wont be disappointed in the beers there or the walk around main street. The food is sick, too. Try total wine in Tustin for a bottle. Real close and awesome selection..
http://www.totalwine.com/

Hollinshead's is totally worth it and they ALWAYS have Pliny. Even if it isn't on tap they will have bottles in their extensive stock. Which by the way, you can either buy and drink there or buy and carry out (two different prices).

The only downside for that place is that they have pretty limited hours. I think until 8 or 9pm(?) during the week and then not open on the weekends at all. But they have a great beer selection all the time, they are super friendly and know beer, and they have great sandwiches.

If I lived a bit closer I'd be there every day.

So did you find your Pliny? I ended up ordering a few after my unsuccessful quest when I was in Anaheim. Hope you had better luck.

So did you find your Pliny? I ended up ordering a few after my unsuccessful quest when I was in Anaheim. Hope you had better luck.

I sure didn't.

I did get to try some Firestone beers, cant get those in Oklahoma. Drank a bunch of DBA and me and my buddy literally drank the bar out of Pale 31. Those are some damn good beers.

Where did you order them from?

Back