HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
Let's see who wants to play again next year and cut back a few. I think 14-16 would keep the challenge of a bigger league without the craziness of 20 teams.

I better get started on the trophy. Maybe that'll be my excuse for not brewing today.

If we do another big league, we should cut the bench down to 2 players. As it is now, there are no good players available.

mcbaumannerb said:
Nothing like hearing the color guy talk about a gaping hole! :eek:

Surely I'm not the only one who snickers like an immature teenage boy when the announcers talk about penetration, gaping holes, sacks, etc. right? :D

Andrikos said:
Agreed. Also limit the QBs to 2 and the RBs to 4 max so there are enough players for everybody to pick.

Boo hoo hoo. I'm all for having fewer teams in the league, but would be against most of these other suggested limits. It should be up to the owner to decide how to manage their team.

Let's see who wants to play again next year and cut back a few. I think 14-16 would keep the challenge of a bigger league without the craziness of 20 teams.

I better get started on the trophy. Maybe that'll be my excuse for not brewing today.

That would be perfect.

Boo hoo hoo. I'm all for having fewer teams in the league, but would be against most of these other suggested limits. It should be up to the owner to decide how to manage their team.

2 bench players is a little light. I think all things being the same, 14-16 teams would be awesome!

finsfan said:
That would be perfect. 2 bench players is a little light. I think all things being the same, 14-16 teams would be awesome!

Agreed. Next question is how to make the cuts. I suppose anyone who doesn't ship to the winner should be automatically cut tho.

finsfan said:
That would be perfect.

2 bench players is a little light. I think all things being the same, 14-16 teams would be awesome!

BGBC said:
Agreed. Next question is how to make the cuts. I suppose anyone who doesn't ship to the winner should be automatically cut tho.

2 player bench is tight. Could you imagine the activity on Thursday mornings? Imagine the top shelf players available every week.

Anyone who doesn't ship this year will not be a active part of this forum, let alone part of the league next year.

I'm throwin my hat in the ring if a spot needs to be filled. The second league has no fire or smack talk to it.

allenH said:
Anyone who doesn't ship this year will not be a active part of this forum, let alone part of the league next year.

I would imagine so.

I'm definitely shipping to the winner. I agreed to it, knowing full well there was a high possibility I wouldn't win. I would hope everyone feels the same.

WesleyS said:
I would imagine so. I'm definitely shipping to the winner. I agreed to it, knowing full well there was a high possibility I wouldn't win. I would hope everyone feels the same.

The beer should be thought of as a buy in to the league. Of course, instead of the commish collecting money before the season starts, it takes a lot more trust to count on everyone to ship at the end of the season.

If we have enough people who don't want to play again (or who opt out less gracefully) that we need more players, I think we need a minimum iTrader rating requirement.

Looks like some good match ups the next two weeks. 3 teams with 2 game lead can still lose out and not make it, 5 teams 2 games back can all win out for a shot. If we'd gone for 8 team playoff like we should have, we'd have 12 teams with a shot. Pretty competitive for all the things we didn't think about with a league this size and so many things we didn't go over before we started.

TNGabe said:
Looks like some good match ups the next two weeks. 3 teams with 2 game lead can still lose out and not make it, 5 teams 2 games back can all win out for a shot. If we'd gone for 8 team playoff like we should have, we'd have 12 teams with a shot. Pretty competitive for all the things we didn't think about with a league this size and so many things we didn't go over before we started.

That's what we get for forming a FF league in the alchy thread. :D

Hey guys, count me in for next year's league and, yes, of course I'll be shipping beer all the way from Germany. Perhaps a nice Cantillon or whatever else super cool beer I haven't imbibed already... ;)

Of course I bench Ben Tate this week for his lack of points in the past weeks and he has a great game today. $&@!?#%*+=

OK Ridire. You just get this nonsense out of your system before the playoffs. Multiple 200+yd, 2TD WRs? Are you kidding me?

As bad as I am this week, I'm lucky I'm playing Clint. :eek:

TNGabe said:
OK Ridire. You just get this nonsense out of your system before the playoffs. Multiple 200+yd, 2TD WRs? Are you kidding me? As bad as I am this week, I'm lucky I'm playing Clint. :eek:

It's crazy. Not to mention my D put up 22 points this week. I'm thinking Forbath is going to go for 15 as my kicker.

Ffff****. Even tho I set my lineup on my leagues I missed Ridley being IA and my defense was on the bench. Guess I'll lose this week for sure. Dammit.

I can't decide if it's comforting or depressing that you still would have beaten me even without Decker...

The biggest decision I have to make now is what bottle to send to the winner.

I got mine awhile ago

2013-10-15 17.22.17.jpg

Our banned league manager, NIZZLE, wanted me to make sure everyone knows he is sending beer to the winner since he can't post it here himself.

I've never shipped beer before. If I get eliminated, someone will have to let me know exactly how it is done...without getting myself in trouble with the man.

I can't decide if it's comforting or depressing that you still would have beaten me even without Decker...

The biggest decision I have to make now is what bottle to send to the winner.

Trust me, I lost so many 1 point nailbiters recently, it felt good to fiiiiiinally win with ease Decker or not...

I've been playing on and off FFL for the last 15 years and it never ceases to amaze me how unpredictable it is...

PS I've my chosen beer ready to go to the lucky SOB to win it all. Either way, it will have been worth it. :ban:

Back