HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Megatron playing? Without him, Matty doesn't know what to do with himself...

Yup looking like he is!
Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson is active for Sunday's tilt with the Cleveland Browns.

Even if he plays on a limited basis, Megatron's availability is a big boost for Matthew Stafford, Reggie Bush and the entire Lions offense. Johnson missed last week's game and was limited in practice on Thursday and Friday while dealing with swelling in his knee.

The pregame workout was key to Johnson playing Sunday. Reporters saw him sans the knee brace running routes, which is a good sign that the inflammation could be minimal. It's also a good sign for the amount of snaps he could play.

There was optimism going into the workout that Johnson would be able to play, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported earlier Sunday on NFL Network's "GameDay Morning."

Megatron being active transforms how the Browns will have to defend the Lions. Even if Johnson were limited to red zone and third down plays, his availability in any fashion is a big boost for an offense that looked lost without him last week.

The latest "Around the League Podcast" features Daniel Jeremiah and previews every Week 6 game.

Yeah I am! I'm struggling big time for sure. Lacking players and such. It's terrible.

NIZZLE said:
God damn Browns easy on the pass interference plays fooooooking @sshats!!

I have Gordon on my fantasy team. I'm hating watching this game, needing Gordon to be big but also being a lifelong Lions fan [everyone point and laugh].

I have Gordon on my fantasy team. I'm hating watching this game, needing Gordon to be big but also being a lifelong Lions fan [everyone point and laugh].

No laughing hear brah! Lions are my favorite team :fro:

ForumRunner_20131013_133005.jpg

NIZZLE said:
No laughing hear brah! Lions are my favorite team :fro:
I keep thinking I should break the cycle and teach my kid to be a Steelers fan, or something. Why doom him to 100 years of being a loser just because it's become my fate?

EDIT: I guess this is the wrong year to introduce him to the Steelers.

TNGabe said:
Shhh! Nothing to see here. Baltimore's D showed up to play today! At least in the first half.

If you survive this week, I think you're the only undefeated still standing. I'm getting smoked.

TNGabe said:
I'm worried I'll have a great regular season and then Romo the playoffs.

That's usually what happens. Someone who barely makes the playoffs always wins lol.

I definitely made the right call starting Joseph fauria, he was projected for 0 points but I had a feeling he was going to see a lot of end zone passes today.

Anyone with RB or D looking for TE - Fleener, WR- M Brown or J Jones shoot me an offer.

Back