Has anyone ever vomited on their fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsists

Reaction score
I did.

On Saturday I bought a new better bottle and got my first brew racked into it (secondary) Saturday afternoon. Plan was to secondary for a couple days and gelatin/cold crash it so I could keg the following Saturday. Well I got it all setup and back in the closet nice an happy.

Went out to the bar and came back over served. I guess I went into the closet to check how the secondary was going and puked in the bucket that was holding my fermenter in it (rubbermaid container in case of spill/overflow). Funniest part is that I didn't remember it and only found it when I went to show my Mom my new fermenter and the beer I brewed. She thought it was hilarious :( me, not so much. Spent my Sunday morning cleaning up.. Fortunately, everything was air tight and it didn't spoil the beer. Nothing got into the blow off tube or in the sanitizer bucket it was submerged in so the beer is still good!

In fact, the fermenter is now in the cool basement and its clearing really nicely. Still planning to crash cool the next two days and keg on Saturday.

Just wondering if anyone else had ever done anything this stupid?

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Has this inspired any creative names for your brew?:tank:

That's awesome. Especially since it happened to you, and not me. Just awesome.

_

I did.

On Saturday I bought a new better bottle and got my first brew racked into it (secondary) Saturday afternoon. Plan was to secondary for a couple days and gelatin/cold crash it so I could keg the following Saturday. Well I got it all setup and back in the closet nice an happy.

Went out to the bar and came back over served. I guess I went into the closet to check how the secondary was going and puked in the bucket that was holding my fermenter in it (rubbermaid container in case of spill/overflow). Funniest part is that I didn't remember it and only found it when I went to show my Mom my new fermenter and the beer I brewed. She thought it was hilarious :( me, not so much. Spent my Sunday morning cleaning up.. Fortunately, everything was air tight and it didn't spoil the beer. Nothing got into the blow off tube or in the sanitizer bucket it was submerged in so the beer is still good!

In fact, the fermenter is now in the cool basement and its clearing really nicely. Still planning to crash cool the next two days and keg on Saturday.

Just wondering if anyone else had ever done anything this stupid?

I like how you decided you were "over served" vs over ordering. It's always someone else's fault :p

I like how you decided you were "over served" vs over ordering. It's always someone else's fault :p

Thats true..

I still don't think it was me, but no one else will fess up to it doing it so I'll take the blame lol. Oh well, funny experience thought I'd share for all to have a laugh.

No worse than ending up on the hard cold tile bathroom floor, completely naked, with a circle of puke surrounding my sleeping body. New Year's Eve, I was probably 27 or so. Went over to a friend who had a great selection of various liquid poisons. Overindulged like an idiot.

Found in that condition by my folks, when they came home from a different party. Man, does that make you feel like a putz.

Man, who hasn't puked on their fermenter after a night of binge drinking?

....noob....

I only puked from homebrew ONCE. I had made a rather strong rice-based BMC (just to see if I could do it). Apparently I miscalculated the ABV and went to a Halloween party with a corny. I was given a ride home but at 5 feet I was sending it back through the window.

Keep in mind that this was in Canada. 20+ miles from home. 60 mph on the interstate with the window open and head outside... High 20's temperature. Guess who got frostbite that night?

M_C

I bet it looked something like this...

1f9the.jpg

Only... backwards. :D:D:D

M_C

I now suddenly consider myself "lucky" to never have puked on my beer making stuff. Maybe that's a benefit of having it in the basement. If I were to come home on the verge of puking, hopefully I'd be too disoriented to walk down stairs to stare at my beers.

Back