Hard Arnold Palmer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazedowl

Reaction score
Thoughts. Make a 5 gallon batch of hard lemonade using one of the many available recipes. Then the night before bottling, move it to a bottling bucket and steep with some one-gallon tea bags overnight. One bag of the big gallon tea bags per gallon of lemonade. Thoughts? Anyone try it before?

I'd be tempted to try it on one gallon first, I have been using the skeeter pee recipe as a base and modifying from there. I find a one gallon batch a good way to experiment. Not as much to drink if its only ok.. or worse.

Making a hard Arnold Palmer for my wife was one of the first things I wanted to make and still haven't gotten around to it. I have a 5 gallon batch of skeeter pee done now that I should try it on. I'll let you know how it works if I try it, I have time today for it.

I'd try just steeping a tea bag in a glass of skeeter pee at serving time.

Oh, and instead of a hard Arnold Palmer, I think you absolutely must call this the Al Czervik.

photo-2228.jpg

Would there be any reason to not use tea leaves with the primary fermentation? I have also been considering this - Twisted Tea makes a hard lemonade/tea mix and it is a great drink for a hot day.

Would there be any reason to not use tea leaves with the primary fermentation? I have also been considering this - Twisted Tea makes a hard lemonade/tea mix and it is a great drink for a hot day.

Or make the seperately and just blend it to taste. You could take a 10% Skeeter Pee and blend it with some good brewed tea and bring it to a 5-6% Hard Arnie.

Back