Happy Holiday Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inter01

Reaction score
Planning on brewing this this weekend for Xmas this year. Quick question. Planning on keeping in primary for 7-10 then transferring to secondary for 2 weeks or so, then bottling. Herein lies my question. In order for it to mature, should I keep around the 65 degree mark or put in the refrigerator to mature? I guess I am just a little unclear if I let it mature at that 65 degree mark or once it's in the refrigerator. Does it 'stop' maturing in the refrigerator?

Sorry...it says 4 weeks in the bottle at around 65 degrees. Should I continue to leave at 65 degrees past the 4 weeks to mature or move to refrigerator? Will it still mature if in refrigerator? Thanks!!

High temps should generally be avoided during primary, "active" fermentation, but during maturation, they're fine. Of course, by "high" I'm talking upper 70s and 80s. I have no I dea what going significantly higher might do and don't feel the need to find out!

Latest posts

Back