Halfing a recipe...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denimglen

Reaction score
I was thinking of brewing up a batch of hard lemonade, but incase I don't like it I don't want to have 60 odd 350mL bottles and have wasted valuable brewing time to have a batch of stuff I don't like

Will halfing a recipe affect it in any way, anything to look out for? It will also half the fermentation time right? Should I just use a whole packet of yeast or half that as well?

If it makes any difference here is the recipe.

I also won't be adding the lactose (vegan friends) and I'll use about 12 lemons for half the recipe, should be able to get them off my tree for free.

Cheers,

Glen

Cheers, thanks for the help.

The thing I'm thinking about the most now though is the fermentation time, if it's going to take just as long to ferment as the full recipe I might just make the whole recipe seeing as my bottles and lemons are free.

Ok I was thinking now that I'll do the whole recipe. But do half of it sparkling and the other half still. My plan is to bottle half of it prime it and stuff so it's sparkling. And then for the last half is add campden to the fermenter and then bottle that with sugar to make it sweet but still.

Good or bad idea?

How much campden tablets should I use to kill off the yeast for the last half of the brew and how long should I leave it until bottling?

Cheers,

Glen

Latest posts

Back