Hacked Computer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are in good hands with STPUG, I would like to help but too many IT guys in the kitchen is worse than none

I'll get back to that in a bit. But on the computer screen,it doesn't show which drive has the thumb drive plugged in. It did open a little window for drivers & such for it. "Ready to use" as well,but can't see which drive it is to load selected files to it?

if you open my computer it should show which drive it is
Local Disk C:/ will be your hardrive
RECOVERY d:\ would be restore partition

your usb drive should be listed underneath them and it will tell you size of drive. would be similar to
USB DRIVE e:\

It should be one of the removable devices listed. It may or may not be listed as USB drive. could also be listed by the maker of the device. If you know what size the thumb drive is it should show available drive space so just open the compatible one.

Worst case scenario remove the drive and see which one gets removed from the list of devices

under normal operating conditions when you plug the USB drive in a box should pop up asking what you want to do? Just click on the option to open and view files if it pops up. Given your issues not sure if it will or not.

I removed & re-inserted it,& it shows as removable drive K:\. Documents was like 1.54GB alone. Pic file too big,maybe even for a cloud. Have to get D: working again to save some of the big stuff,& just redo drive C: I guess?

you mentioned your son has a laptop also? you could fill the thumb drive then move them to the laptop until you've recovered all you want to save. then after fixed and updated back copy all the information.

Yeah,it looks like I may have to do just that. But tomorrow. It's Friday,6PM. Time to watch Bonanza with my multi-handicapped #1 son. :mug:

Latest posts

Back