guiness american lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliethebum

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet? Sounds interesting- adverized as being made with Willamette and mosaic I'd just like to hear what someone else thinks of it before I drop ten bucks on a sixer.

No thank you.

That's....helpful? Personally I'm not against trying out a new take on the style I just can't seem to find it at a decent price so was looking for some feedback. Guess I'll just hold off until I can find a bottle in the singles section

I had some of this yesterday. It's decent, not amazing, but then again it's not necessarily the type of beer I look for..I'm all about the bitter hoppy IPA. It's a very nice clean lager, to me the yeast flavor was blatantly english (or Irish in this case) and quite frankly the hops didn't really push me towards liking it more or less. I mean it's a blonde, I haven't met a blonde (other than my wife) that smacked me upside the head. :mug:

I tried a bottle last fall and it wasn't bad, something different and I liked the Willamette flavors. I grabbed a six-pack a month or so ago and there is an astringency on the finish that makes it hard to enjoy. I passed off a couple of those bottles, since I wasn't going to drink them, to less discerning drinkers and they noticed the astringency as well. Hopefully they have changed/fixed their issue, but without knowing, I would advise you to pass.

I tried a glass out of a keg. I thougt it finished somewhat sweet, not dry and crisp as one would expect.
Not bad but not something to spend a ten spot for a sixer.

I tried this last year. My verdict-

yeahok.gif

It's better than BMC. Not bad at all, really- but if I'm buying a basic lager, I lean towards Brooklyn, Sam Adams or a decent German option.

It's better than BMC. Not bad at all, really- but if I'm buying a basic lager, I lean towards Brooklyn, Sam Adams or a decent German option.

I can agree with that. It's $6 a six-pack good, not $10 a six-pack good.

:)

All I tasted was very light malt, no aroma at all except for what I can only describe as slightly metallic malt taste.

I can agree with that. It's $6 a six-pack good, not $10 a six-pack good.

:)

I agree with this. It has crisp hop flavor, does finish astringent/slightly "processed" to me, but it doesn't have a deep character. I did not get the malty mentioned by KVANTAN. I'm no super beer snob, but for the price I did expect a little more flavor character rather than a one-note depth.

All I tasted was very light malt, no aroma at all except for what I can only describe as slightly metallic malt taste.

agree with above ^ . One bottle is almost too much. wouldn't buy another 6 pack of it.

I agree with this. It has crisp hop flavor, does finish astringent/slightly "processed" to me, but it doesn't have a deep character. I did not get the malty mentioned by KVANTAN. I'm no super beer snob, but for the price I did expect a little more flavor character rather than a one-note depth.

I don't exactly have a very sophisticated palate. I suppose what I am trying to describe is that it basically tastes like "piss". I actually like Guinness beers too. Kilkenny is one of my top 5 beers.

I picked up a sixer of the Brooklyn Lager and had one last night. Very nice, with just enough hoppiness, and a clean finish. Very good summertime beer.

Back