Group buy maybe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwcw2001

Reaction score
hey guys,

I found a great buy on EBAY. This guy has a pallet of 25 corny's for $300. I don't need but 5. So, I was thinking if we want to get together and buy this and divy it up it comes to $12 a keg before shipping. It would be frieght so shipping wouldn't be that bad.

Even if we jacked it up to $20 per keg I think that would cover the shipping on both the frieght and the shipping from here to everyone in the group.

If we can do this we should.

Here is the link,
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-gallon-Cornelius-homebrew-kegs_W0QQitemZ110094123943QQihZ001QQcategoryZ67137QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lemme know,

John

Where is Silverdale? (EDIT: nevermind I looked it up, other side of the state)
I have looked at this a few times and wonder if I can get a deal on the freight (I have some contacts). However, at $20.00 a keg, I can go to the LHBS in Hayden and pay cash on the barrel head (so to speak).

FYI...that guy will sell you however many you want (he has thousands of them). Just contact him. He has an area on his listing to put your zip code in to calculate freight shipping...i think it'll be more than you expect. I live 15-20 minutes away from the guy and it would cost me over $300 to have them shipped to my house. Obviously i just drive over there when i need some.

ill.literate said:
Sandy, where is this guy located in WI?

Oshkosh. He runs a business called B&D Equipment, and also deals in used stainless steel restarant equipment, and the like.

hmmm... roughly 150 miles for me, but on the way when I take camping trips up to the UP... I'll have to check him out.

Thanks!

I saw that the other day. if u take the 300 for the kegs and then 200 for shipping thats like 20 bucks a keg. If there is a group buy let me know. would love to pick up 5 or so kegs.

$532 to ship to Boise. That's $33 per keg. Not much different than purchasing from any online place. I bought a 4 pack from www.kegconnection.com and it came to $109 with shipping included. $27 per keg. The LHBS sells them (refurbs) for $45 each, so it may be a deal for them, making $12 each on resale.

This ebay listing doesn't make clear whether these are refurbs or just used.

knipknup said:
This ebay listing doesn't make clear whether these are refurbs or just used.

They are just used...not refurbished at all. He does guarantee that they will hold pressure though.

Back