Group buy: grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up for the BC or the MM. I'll probably participate in this as I really want a mill. I, too would prefer a smaller hopper as it's not a big deal and cheaper, but would probably still participate w/ the bigger one.

Then I can order bulk supplies from AHS :)

Prefer the 7Lbs vs the 15, but 4 screws and the extension comes off anyway. So if the price goes low enough the bigger one may be the way to go for future upgrade proofing.

To add for a wider selection also ask Fred about his MM3-2 the 2" 3 by 6" long roller mill for any members looking at them also. Delivered at the door cost me $246 for one.

The best part I ordered my mill with the 1/2" input shaft "without the 3 flats" for a drill motor as i'll mill a key way slot and use a LoveJoy coupling drive for direct drive not a pulley for reduced bushing side loading. Fred was cool about this and shipped as per instructed. This vs you get what we make only. Thanks Fred.

Fred may or may not go along with a big buy in, depends on his output production volume, doesn't hurt to ask?

Get any mill and build your own hopper that's least your worries as a good mill is what's important for making the crush not the hopper plus you'll be happy with a long service life mill of your choice. JMO's.

So... How many 15lb and how many 7lb? I would like to sell at least 20 mills.

I don't know if they keep that many in stock.
I will have to dropship them to save more money.
Would regular price for the mill plus a large gift certificate be ok?
I would hope selling mills at cost would make people buy from me in the future, this would make sure they would buy at least one more time. (No, you wouldn't be able to take the gift certificate money off of the mill).

What do you think?

Forrest

I'd prefer 15 over 7 and would prefer cost over a cert. If you provide a bro deal, you will have earned future business. That and you happen to be closer to me than California or Minnesota which happen to be where the other mail order places I've dealt with are located. I generally don't do Texas but they say Austin isn't really Texas so I'd be willing to transfer my business to you...

So... How many 15lb and how many 7lb? I would like to sell at least 20 mills.

I don't know if they keep that many in stock.
I will have to dropship them to save more money.
Would regular price for the mill plus a large gift certificate be ok?
I would hope selling mills at cost would make people buy from me in the future, this would make sure they would buy at least one more time. (No, you wouldn't be able to take the gift certificate money off of the mill).

What do you think?

Forrest

I was figuring the mill manufactures would not change their set mill cost be you buy 1 or 100, they are into making money like any good business.
Austin, you can like you stated make it a sweet deal by adding your "gift certificate" as your a lot larger with many supply sources and can afford to do this.
Hats off for your offer to the members.Shipping to the Left Coast is a deal killer as many LHBS places are in my area. More Beer I go within a mile every couple days alone besides the San Franciso bay has many.

I'm in for a barley crusher w/7lb hopper (at the right price/incentive).

15lb for me.

I'm open to either a good price or the gift certficate, especially if the gift certificate is for "One Milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllion dollars" :D

Forrest,
Are you implying that the gift certificate would be for amount of mark-up on the mill over cost? Could you post or PM me some numbers so that I can at least start a poll to get spec. quantities for specific mills based on cost.

The 7lb BC would save on shipping due to size and I'm rather positive anyone on this board has the ability to add a vertical extension to the hopper if needed. Anyone have an issue with that? It's going to save both us on price and both us and Forrest on shipping.

Are you against dealing with the MM-2?

I'd prefer 15 over 7 and would prefer cost over a cert. If you provide a bro deal, you will have earned future business. That and you happen to be closer to me than California or Minnesota which happen to be where the other mail order places I've dealt with are located. I generally don't do Texas but they say Austin isn't really Texas so I'd be willing to transfer my business to you...

On the Perlick deal most only bought Perlicks and they were new customers. I would hope that it could be a scratch each others back kind of thing. I can give more of a deal with a gift certificate.

Forrest

I'm also interested. From the looks of it - BC wins out and you may have your minimum of 20 sold already...7 vs 15 is simply a price thing for me.

I want a mill 7 lbs. what would the price be around? 100?

also, can I use this in part with the october 11th Florida 10%?

I'm also gonna add some bulk grains to this purchase! WOO!

thanks once again Forrest! The faucets should be arriving in 2 days :D

Forrest,
Are you implying that the gift certificate would be for amount of mark-up on the mill over cost? Could you post or PM me some numbers so that I can at least start a poll to get spec. quantities for specific mills based on cost.

The 7lb BC would save on shipping due to size and I'm rather positive anyone on this board has the ability to add a vertical extension to the hopper if needed. Anyone have an issue with that? It's going to save both us on price and both us and Forrest on shipping.

Are you against dealing with the MM-2?

Size doesn't matter in this case...

Weight is the only issue and the hopper extention doesn't add much weight.

Here is the deal... the 7lb barley crusher costs me $104.50 delivered price. I will be selling the 7lb model for $113.99 as a regular price. If I took $10 off (below my cost) none of you would be interested. And to top it off if I send it to you but only charge you $7.99 for shipping but the real shipping cost is $12... Now I am only making $5.48. Add up the box, peanuts and labor and it is a wash.

Keep in mind that Barley crusher themselves charges $114.50 plus $17 for shipping.

AHS $113.99 plus $7.99 = $121.98
Barley Crusher website $114.50 plus $17.00 = $131.50

So you save $9.52 buying the mill from me instead of Barley Crusher.

You save about $10 and I make about $5. Deal?

That certainly seems fair to me. While it's not a staggering discount, there's hardly a comfortable way to increase it. What would your offer be utilizing an AHS GC instead of a cash discount? Can you give us a price on the 15lb model or an MM-2?

At this point I cant go any lower and no gift certificate. Please don't ask me to sell things below my cost. I believe that this is the lowest price you will find.

The 15lb model will be $137.99 regular retail.

Northern Brewer = $146.99 + $7.99 = $154.98
Brewmasters Warehouse = $145.99 + $6.99 = $152.98
Barley Crusher.com = $138.00 + $17.00 = $155.00
Austin Homebrew = $137.99 + $7.99 = $145.98

Forrest

I think you misunderstood me. I was in no way asking for a lower price. I know that this is the lowest price we could possibly find. I think that what you're offering us is MORE than fair. I was just wondering if there was an offer with a GC that would be more beneficial for you, not the other way around. That's all. Well, that and asking for prices on the other models.

Sorry for the miscommunication, Forrest.

No harm no foul. I will just leave it at the lowest price available anywhere. Let me know if you find a better price.

Forrest

I am selling it at the lowest possible price I can that is the lowest price I could find all day every day. No group buy on mills because they are already close to cost and I don't receive a discount for buying more.

Forrest

AHS $113.99 plus $7.99 = $121.98
Barley Crusher website $114.50 plus $17.00 = $131.50

So you save $9.52 buying the mill from me instead of Barley Crusher.

You save about $10 and I make about $5. Deal?

Yes, definitely "deal" for me. I have been longing for the 7#BC, and this will push me over the brink, and no doubt there will be a few other items I just "have to buy" when I'm making this purchase. Thanks for your willingness to jump into the homebrewing fray on this!

Website is updated, group buy is off. AHS has the absolute lowest shipped prices on both BC models. Thanks again, Forrest.

Sounds good. I'll be purchasing one on my next order. Now we need to work on getting another March pump group buy since I need two.

I'm in. Order coming. Now, if you can get me a stout faucet, for an additional $50 shipped, we're really onto something.

I'm in. Order coming. Now, if you can get me a stout faucet, for an additional $50 shipped, we're really onto something.

Please let me know where I can get stout faucets for $50 shipped so I can buy them there as well.

Forrest

Doh, this is a good deal, but not for me as I live in TX, so It'll actually be $0.16 more than from BC direct (due to sales tax)... however, if I order other stuff, it'll average out (cause I'd pay the $7.99 shipping anyway), so I'm on the fence. Since this is your regular price, I can take my time making up my mind. I really appreciate the good prices and hope to stop by the next time I'm up in Austin.

Back