Group Buy: Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That low resistance bothers me. With 6 taps in my kegerator I'll need 120" of hose? If that's the case I'm gonna have to back out, my kegerator is already cluttered enough with 8' hoses for each tap. But thanks for your effort.
Corky

That low resistance bothers me. With 6 taps in my kegerator I'll need 120" of hose? If that's the case I'm gonna have to back out, my kegerator is already cluttered enough with 8' hoses for each tap. But thanks for your effort.
Corky

I plan on using these to up the resistance, and keep hose lengths reasonable.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-short-hose-troubles-100151/

just sayin'

I know if you have good bevlex line vs. lower grade line (basic vynil tubing) the resistance will not be as different. If you throw a couple mixer stixs in there you may not need any extra, possibly shorter.

so no one knows approx how much we will need per line? I plan on having 4 taps and would like to order enough line for two runs

so no one knows approx how much we will need per line? I plan on having 4 taps and would like to order enough line for two runs

Just like with any beverage line, the length you need will depend on a lot of factors, such as serving pressure/carb level, beer temperature, rise to faucets, and desired pour speed. The way you route the lines also has an effect, coiling the lines horizontally has a much different effect than coiling vertically where the beer travels up and then down several times. IMO unless you're serving highly carbed belgians and hefe's at warmer temps, 25'/tap should be plenty. You can always trim the lines shorter if you need to, but you can't stretch them. FWIW, I get good pours using 18' per line pushing 38F beer @ 11psi (2.48 vol).

Just like with any beverage line, the length you need will depend on a lot of factors, such as serving pressure/carb level, beer temperature, rise to faucets, and desired pour speed. The way you route the lines also has an effect, coiling the lines horizontally has a much different effect than coiling vertically where the beer travels up and then down several times. IMO unless you're serving highly carbed belgians and hefe's at warmer temps, 25'/tap should be plenty. You can always trim the lines shorter if you need to, but you can't stretch them. FWIW, I get good pours using 18' per line pushing 38F beer @ 11psi (2.48 vol).

I was planning on coiling them on top of the keg so they would be horizontal. Is this the best?

Out of curiosity, what's the timeline for ordering? Any details on pricing?

Thanks, much appreciated.

4 rolls sold so far, a big rush of PM's today. Should be placing the order this friday, i'll post the list of people/quantities on thursday and the final/actual prices after the order is placed.

Does anyone know what 100' looks like? Will it fit in a USPS flat-rate medium box?
13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

p.s. i'm going to be busier than i thought cutting and boxing line!

You are a trooper for sure!

Be sure to invite a friend over and have plenty of home brew on hand.

FYI - I just tried the epoxy mixers from mcmaster in my system. They make a big difference in line resistance. I will absolutely be using them to add resistance and keep these lower resistance beer lines in check.

4 rolls sold so far, a big rush of PM's today. Should be placing the order this friday, i'll post the list of people/quantities on thursday and the final/actual prices after the order is placed.

Does anyone know what 100' looks like? Will it fit in a USPS flat-rate medium box?
13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

It doesn't bend like normal line. It is stiffer.

Hi All,

Here's the list as i have it now. Posted 7/28/2011 at 7:40am Pacific Time. Let me know if i made a mistake, i missed anyone, if anyone wants to add, or if there are any quantity changes. I grouped folks in order of purchase and also by 1000' sections, that's also the order i'll cut/box/ship them in too. Folks at the end, you're good to go even though we don't an even roll committed to. I'll eat the cost for now, i'm sure there will be some stragglers in the next week hitting me up for some line.

***** 3/16 of Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra **************
outside92129, 150
beaksnbeer, 100
jfree, 150ft
iandh, 200
CidahMastah, 200
IrregularPulse, 100
rockytoptim, 100
-
Shockerengr, 150
cfrazier77, 150
jerdes, 100
ScottishPete, 100
seven, 100
JohnTheBrewist, 100
BrewsCampbell, 100
photinus, 100
valkyrie, 100
-
bruinator, 100
pickles, 100
HokieBrewer, 100
Demon, 100
msa8967, 100
phreaky, 150
JonBoy47, 100
Scuba0459, 150
atoyot, 100
-
jhas, 100
RDWHAHB, 100
yessri, 150
chemman14, 150
haeffnkr, 200
GTO_Guy, 100
SankePankey, 100
Schrodinger, 100
----
BrewsCampbell, 150
maager, 100
VFib, 100
garbs, 200
rboucher, 100
MichaelJ, 150
XPLSV, 200

Wow...that's a lot of tubing.

Thanks for putting this all together for us!

If I can get in on this, put me down for 200'. I've been using the 1/4" that I installed this past week on the first line in my kegerator and the stuff has very low resistance. Started with 25' of line and it was still coming through too fast. Just put in a 5" inline restrictor last night and that has slowed it down to where it should be...but the 3/16" is probably what I need.

PM sent.

Bernie

Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to put this together and for all the work that is yet to come! I certainly don't mind paying a couple bucks extra for your handling...

I'm sorry I missed this too. If anyone organizes another or if someone doesn't pay I'd be interested in 100'.

Damn, wish I had seen this earlier. Would have been in for 200' :(

IF YOU MISSED THIS BUY - email KC with interest

emjay
jsguitar
ans all interested others....

I talked to kegconnection about stocking this line in the 3/16 size when this order started.

Todd told me he plans on buying a reel and seeing how it goes, especially after I told him that we bought 3 rolls in less than three days on here. I would check their site out in the near future, or shoot an email into them to encourage the purchase. I like the group buy, but it would be great if they stocked it as well.

Todd did tell me he would let me know when he got it in, but I know how busy things can get so I am sure he could already have it by now.

outside92129 said:
we do have some extra. PM if interested. We ended up buying 6 rolls.

:mug:

Just what I wanted to hear!

Now I only wish I was able to take advantage of the numbering or color-coding :D

No, sorry everyone. APEX hasn't given me a final price yet. Funny thing is that I called Accuflex and they already dropped shipped the packages to me. ETA Monday(8/8). I have some work/kid things to do monday-weds, i'm hoping to have the first set of tubings out the door by 8/13.

With 40+ pf us on the list, I was thinking the free priority mail boxes from the post office might be the most convenient way for you to ship. I think 100 and 200 foot coils will fit in them and the price difference between priority and parcel post really isn't much. You wouldn't have to mess with buying boxes that way and I'm guessing most of us are paying with Paypal, which would make printing a label easy. Just some thoughts.

Bernie

Back