Grommet down...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherFreeman

Reaction score
So clenaing/organizing the garage today I noticed the black grommet in the lid of my fermenter, containing a belgian dark i brewed on Saturday, was half pushed into the bucket. So I decided the smartest thing was to pull the airlock, run upstairs for my leatherman, and try and pull it back up. Literally as I walked back in the garage i saw the grommet drop into the bucket. I had a spare and replaced it and put the airlock back in but now I am dry-hopping with a black rubber grommet.... Am i screwed?

Ive had this happen and it turned out fine. Just let it go and see what happens. cross your fingers :)

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it. But the most likely scenario is also the best case, no effect. Worst case is... well i'm crossing my fingers for you too. Good luck!

This is the batch from hell... o checked the garage this morning before leaving for work and I found the remains of a bucket bomb. Lid blew off 3 feet away! Huge head of krausen still there. Cleaned the lid as best I could and put a clean airlock on and its still bubbling like crazy. Other bucket looked like it was gonna blow soon too with a clogged airlock so put a new one on there as well. This beer better not contaminate! Gonna be a sticky mess to clean up.

Back