Greetings from Vancouver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneillkza

Reaction score
Hi all. Just joining the forums.

I'm originally from South Africa, and have lived in London for a while, but am currently based in Vancouver (BC, Canada). About 10 years ago, I brewed a few times from kits, first with my Dad, and later while I was spending a year seeing the world in London.

Some years on, I'm married, and my wife is coeliac. She used to really enjoy drinking beer prior to finding out that it wasn't great for her, and we have found some gluten free beers on the market while up here. However, they're pretty expensive -- a six pack of Bard's goes for about $18 these days, and there isn't too much choice.

A week ago I went out and bought some basic equipment, and right now I've got a sorghum IPA in primary. (I'm recording the recipe and notes here.) It's my first extract brew, and my third continent on which I'll have home brewed!

So far it's going well, though I'm concerned I might have over-hopped it. I based it on this recipe, but my LHBS didn't have any Centennial left, and instead gave me some organically grown Chinook. I substituted it 1:1, not realising that the Chinook had an AA of 16! WTH, my wife likes bitter things.

Welcome. If it does start bitter just let it age. The bitterness will mellow.

Back