Greetings from Portugal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilvioJesus

Reaction score
Hey all!

Long time reader, first time poster. About time I guess, and heh, might as well say hello to everyone.

The homebrewing scene in Portugal is starting off slowly but steady and, for me at least, HBT has been a great help!

Drink on Boys and Ghouls! :mug:

There are many things I like about this site, but I find it especially cool that homebrewers from around the world can meet to share ideas and stories. Thanks for stepping out of the shadows and saying hello.

Heh, no problem. I really like the forums scene and think they're a great medium to share information.

Homebrewing info and materials are rather scarce in Portugal (only three LHBS atm) but we're getting there. It's also easy enough to order stuff from other european countries. And also easy to visit beer-rich countries as well :D

This is a great website, lots of information and experience around here.

Cheers!

Welcome to the group, from Colorado.

Is it possible to buy used port casks? I would think a Stout or Quad in a port cask would be incredible!

Welcome to the group, from Colorado.

Is it possible to buy used port casks? I would think a Stout or Quad in a port cask would be incredible!

Actually yes.

A 225 liter (around 60 gal us) used cask of Porto Wine goes for around 480$ (some places you can get them for a lil' cheaper). A bit of steep price. Red Wine and Brandy casks go for significantly less (80$ and 140$ respectively).

And yes, a Quad in a Porto cask would be pretty damn awesome.

Cheers.

Back