Greetings from Maine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheArgus

Reaction score
Heya!

After following a friend of mines brewing experiments, I've just now set up my first brew (Apfelwein)! I can hardly wait for it to be done! So, I'm here to read and learn so that I can brew a better beer!... and wine.... and mead.... and.... tasty.

cheers! :mug:

Welcome!:mug:
You have come to the right place. Keep doing your research and ask us questions. You will be making great beer in no time.

I'm about half an hour out of Augusta in the sticks. Nice place, really. Lots of farm land and quiet, and it means I've got access to lots of fresh grown produce. I'm actually talking to a gent down the street who makes honey about getting 15 or so pounds of it so I can take a crack at making mead ;)

I have the strangest feeling I know who you are ;)

How's the apfelwein doing? Mine filled my apartment with a nice fart-like smell for a day or two, but now that seems to have subsided (thankfully), it's just cloudy and quite actively bubbling.

Anywhere near Fairfield/vasselboro? It's nice up there, I travel up that way for work. Welcome to this forum, it's pretty awesome!

Welcome! I had a girlfriend from Maine back when I was in the USAF. I used to go up to Bang 'er (read Bangor) all the time! LOL!

Heya Evandude! Yeah, it's me. It's going pretty good! No far smell for me though... also, at the advise of the fellows at the homebrew shop I swapped out the sugar for honey. We'll have to see how well it work. Anyhow, I think I'm going to start my next two projects on Friday. A summer ale and a mead! :D

And thanks LouT! I'm out the other way, near Winthrop. Although I do have family in Vasselboro. Nice area :D

Back