green beer..(headache)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kind of a personal thing isn't it?

I drink all the time, I've drunk very good beer, I've drunk very bad beer, I've drunk wine and whiskey and beer in the same night, I've drunk so much I stayed in bed the whole next day... but I've never gotten a headache from drinking.

Who wants green beer anyway? If its any good now it will be better soon!

NO ONE WANTS GREEN BEER,but when your a new brewer and you think you beer may be ready and you try 2 of them(with off flavors) thats why only 2..you ask the question ..WILL green beer give you a HAEDACHE

light wieght no,problem with beer..thats what im trying to find out,its my first batch and i pitched the yeast while wort was over 80deg,i was told that it would be fine but it was in the bottle for 2 weeks and has an aftertaste and gave me a headache

I've had as little as two beers give me a headache when I fermented at too high of a temperature which created alot of fusel alcohols, but never while drinking young beer.

I suppose it depends on how well your body handles food coloring. It will make your tongue and vomit green though.

light wieght no,problem with beer..thats what im trying to find out,its my first batch and i pitched the yeast while wort was over 80deg,i was told that it would be fine but it was in the bottle for 2 weeks and has an aftertaste and gave me a headache

Work on getting your fermentation temps down on your next batch, 80 degrees is capable of creating alcohols that can give you a headache in my exp.

did it get better or did you have to poor down the drain..thanks

This is just my opinion, I won't dump any bad beer until I've had it bottled for at least 6 weeks and it still hasn't gotten any better. From what I remember on my past brews, it seemed to get better with age, although in theory I guess it shouldn't have since fusel alcohols don't go away after they are created I believe. Don't count it out yet, give it a few more weeks at least.

Only fix I know of is boiling it. That will drive off the fusels and turn any flavor hops to bittering hops. Add more LME/DME, rehop for flavor and referment.

Or just give it out to muches, one bottle at a time. Act like it is REALLY good. Maybe they will stop asking.:drunk:

I drink all the time, I've drunk very good beer, I've drunk very bad beer, I've drunk wine and whiskey and beer in the same night, I've drunk so much I stayed in bed the whole next day... but I've never gotten a headache from drinking.

Then you're havin fun all wrong...:D

Back