Great Deal on Sierra Nevada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinrmclean

Reaction score
So, I did something that I am kind of ashamed of today....I bought beer. The local Target had Sierra Nevada Pale for 8.39 a sixer.....not a great deal. But they also had the same beer in a 12 pack for the same price. :ban: Bought 2 twelve packs and SWMBO said that I need to get the rest. Can't buy empties that cheap!!

Might want to check your local Target. Mine just opened and might be a fluke, but it's worth a look.:mug:

Cheers and Fair Winds,
Kevin

Tidewater Brewing

I buy beer more often than I make it. Of course, I tend to buy a pint or a sixer at a time and make 5 gallons at a wack. Unfortunately, we are talking an 80 mile drive to get to a Target and back.

Right on!

I noticed the 'good' beer store here put the old twist off bottles of Sierra Nevada on sale for something like $13 a 12pack...

Is it common for Target to sell beer? I've never seen it sold there...

Ha! I have an Ultimate disc tournament this coming weekend in Chico and it's a 5$ buy in into the after party and all the Sierra Nevada you can drink.

Sorry, just had to brag.

Follow Up!!!

Went back to the store and some SOB beat me to the last of the 2 twelve packs. :( Kicking myself in the butt as I type this. Oh well, I'll keep checking. The sign still remains.

Cheers and Fair Winds,
Kevin

Nice steal!

Although I'm a little jealous that you can get beer at a Target. Silly Massachusetts and her beer laws. *sigh*.

FishinDave07 said:
What are the laws up there?
I was slightly exaggerating -- it's not nearly as bad as some other states, but it just seems silly to me nonetheless.

There are certain restrictions on the number of licenses a store can have, I think it's 3 per chain? Someone else from MA correct me if I'm wrong? So for example, a few Trader Joes in the state can sell beer & wine, but the others are out of luck.

It's just weird to go to a Walgreens in Florida, for example, and buy alcohol. Yes, I'm a little jealous. :)

//end rant

It could be worse, it could be Pennsylvania. When I went to school in PA, you could only buy beer at a beer distributor store, and then you could only buy it by the case. Of course it was only 8 miles to Maryland, so we ended up going there instead.

At Ralphs, there is often a clearance section in the back. Not something you'll always notice and most of it is junk (broken measuring spoons, etc), but you can find some good deals. They usually have discontinuted items there and I cleaned up on a couple 6ers of Rogue Dead Guy Ale and swing top Grolschs for about $4 each. Not always there, but you can get lucky sometimes.

Steiner said:
At Ralphs, there is often a clearance section in the back. Not something you'll always notice and most of it is junk (broken measuring spoons, etc), but you can find some good deals. They usually have discontinuted items there and I cleaned up on a couple 6ers of Rogue Dead Guy Ale and swing top Grolschs for about $4 each. Not always there, but you can get lucky sometimes.

Yeah, I found it odd, moving from CA to IL this summer, no more beer purchase at Walgreen's. It sucks because now I live 2 blocks away from Walgreen's! Silly Mayor Daley and his rules!:mad:

I'll have to check the Target that just opened here a few days ago right behind where I live (seriously, right behind - I can walk over there). I know they had SN when I was there Saturday but I didn't check price.

I'll be going back there everday to check. Right around the corner from work. What better is there to do at work than buy beer. Well, drinking and brewing of course, but the company sems to frown upon that!!

In GA it is against the law to buy beer on Sunday unless in a bar. Luckily I'm only 26 miles to the FL state line where they sell every day and it is taxed much less.
I actually went to school in a dry county! Cleveland, GA is dry except for the city of Helen. (Rumor is that the mob runs Helen!!)

Cheers and Fair Winds,
Kevin

Back