Grassy flavor from dry hop after 3 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conpewter

Reaction score
So I dry hopped my pale ale right before going on thanksgiving holiday and I believe I've got a case of grassy beer (hard for my to nail down the flavor, but vegetal/grassy comes to mind) I tasted the beer before carbonation and hopping and it tasted pretty good. I don't know if it was too much leaf hop (4 oz) or just that I didn't pick/dry them at the right time

I used hops I grew last year and stored vacuumed and frozen so it isn't a storage problem.

At this point I'm ok giving up on the hops I grew, but I'm wondering if I can save this beer. I'm thinking of doing a CO2 scrub a few times after transferring the beer to new kegs

I've had grassy before it was only with the use of Saaz and they were in for some time. These days, I only dry hop two days at the most. However, I suspect it was just the variety of hops you used.

Back