Grape wine primary fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saud

Reaction score
Thank for all

I made my grape wine for ( 13 litter ) and i add more suger and i add 1 spoon of yeast .. Now i am in (9th day ) but i think i have to re add yeast becouse i am not sure if my fermentation is good or correct

So .. Can i add yeast now

( i have no hydrometer )

Thank you alot

Thank for all

I made my grape wine for ( 13 litter ) and i add more suger and i add 1 spoon of yeast .. Now i am in (9th day ) but i think i have to re add yeast becouse i am not sure if my fermentation is good or correct

So .. Can i add yeast now

( i have no hydrometer )

Thank you alot

You don't need more yeast. The yeast reproduce, and you would have plenty of yeast in there.

You should make sure the wine is in a carboy or demijohn, and topped up so there is no headspace and wait for it to clear. This may take a while.

But i am not sure about the fermentation .. So whene the skin of grape floating and go up thats mean the fermentation working and in procese ..

Thank you

Saud said:
But i am not sure about the fermentation .. So whene the skin of grape floating and go up thats mean the fermentation working and in procese ..

Thank you

If your wine is still producing a cap (grape skins) that means it is still fermenting. That cap usually gets punched down every 8 hours or so to improve extraction and to keep the skins moist. Once the cap "falls" the fermentation is likely complete. You can confirm with a residual sugar test (Clintest). Dry red wines should finish about 0.1 to 0.2 residual sugar.

helibrewer

Thank you too much

so is better to cover my contener with towel for primary fermentation ?

Back