Grant a glance at your glassware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeymath

Reaction score
Posts in "Post a picture of your pint" New post a picture of your pint often leave me marvelling more at the glassware than the content, and it's a real shame my tiny kitchen limits the number of beer glasses I can call my own.

So please post some sexy pics of your Kölsch Stange, your dimple mug, whatever it is, with or without beer inside! Where applicable, add a name for the type of glass (so others might be able to find it in a store) and the beers you typically use it for.

I'll start off with a dimpled mug called "Tübinger Augenkanne". I got it when I got interested in Czech pilsners - I think they look great in it and it's just really fun to drink from it. Unfortunately, it sort of kills head retention, and it's not the best glassware for a whole lot of other styles.

Attachments

• IMG-20220225-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20220225-WA0000.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Holy ****!....impressive, very impressive.

Most of mine are standard American style pint glasses (shaker style?), but I have a few old balls in there. I collected a lot of them in the 90s, way before getting into the hobby and knowing what really good beer is like (or it could be made).

I got a feeling this is going to be a pinned thread.........

Not gonna lie, I think the collection from @Oleson M.D. is gonna be tough to beat. Wow fantastic, I love it. And it's one of those things where I can show my wife and say "see, I dont have that many beer glasses" I need to get some pics together for this thread but my collection is mediocre compared to the previous posts.

Not gonna lie, I think the collection from @Oleson M.D. is gonna be tough to beat. Wow fantastic, I love it. And it's one of those things where I can show my wife and say "see, I dont have that many beer glasses" I need to get some pics together for this thread but my collection is mediocre compared to the previous posts.

It's better known as a pathological disorder!

I have done lot's of traveling, and have beer glasses from Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Amsterdam, Germany, etc.

We took a vacation to Prague, and our suitcases were packed (PACKED!) with beer glasses on the way home. These glasses represent decades of travel, and collecting.

That bottle of Budweiser Brewmaster's Private Reserve is the only other bottle I've seen floating around on beer/brewing sites other than my own. It's a nice growler.

I think I bought this bottle at a gas station in 2005 or 2007, which I think is the only two years they released it. It was a decent doppelbock. My favorite thing about it is the label on the back describes the beer as the brewmaster taking the best part of the beer batches off the top of the fermenters and bottling it as a private reserve. There's always liberty taken with beer marketing but I never understood why they opted for such a ridiculous story. It goes to show how little people knew about brewing that the largest brewer in the country felt comfortable spinning that tale.

That bottle of Budweiser Brewmaster's Private Reserve is the only other bottle I've seen floating around on beer/brewing sites other than my own. It's a nice growler.

I think I bought this bottle at a gas station in 2005 or 2007, which I think is the only two years they released it. It was a decent doppelbock. My favorite thing about it is the label on the back describes the beer as the brewmaster taking the best part of the beer batches off the top of the fermenters and bottling it as a private reserve. There's always liberty taken with beer marketing but I never understood why they opted for such a ridiculous story. It goes to show how little people knew about brewing that the largest brewer in the country felt comfortable spinning that tale.

We got this bottle at the 2007 GABF, at the Anheuser-Busch booth. The bottle was empty, but I asked for it and they gave one to me. Budweiser really can make great beer. Michelob used to have an annual sampler case...Pale Ale, Oktoberfest, Porter, and Honey Lager. It was respectable.
P1060527.JPG

P1060528.JPG

It's better known as a pathological disorder!

I have done lot's of traveling, and have beer glasses from Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Amsterdam, Germany, etc.

We took a vacation to Prague, and our suitcases were packed (PACKED!) with beer glasses on the way home. These glasses represent decades of travel, and collecting.

Most of my "travels" are eBay. That's cool as when you pour a pint in one of those glasses, you'll go down memory lane with its sip. That's one reason why I haven't gave up too many of my, even though they're shaker style, glasses.

I have a few from local areas that are long gone........

Cleaned the beer glass cupboard earlier this year. A few are gifts but the majority were from brewery vists or festivals. Not shown are the glasses boxed up because we had no room for them.

Attachments

• 20220201_175112.jpg
    20220201_175112.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Festbier

Attachments

• 13ABF7E6-1EB2-42BF-A5A9-677B19C590B3.jpeg
    13ABF7E6-1EB2-42BF-A5A9-677B19C590B3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
As a musician, we have something called G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
HEre we have another G.A.S. - Glass Acquisition Syndrome.
I don't have any pics of mine, but I have a cabinet upstairs withthe day - to - day usage ones, and another big cabinet downstairs with everything else. At last count, I had around 50 glasses, not counting shaker pints.

As a musician, we have something called G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
HEre we have another G.A.S. - Glass Acquisition Syndrome.
I don't have any pics of mine, but I have a cabinet upstairs withthe day - to - day usage ones, and another big cabinet downstairs with everything else. At last count, I had around 50 glasses, not counting shaker pints.
Yep I suffer from G.A.S. I have guitars, banjos, & amps strung all over the house. Heck I even have a drum kit in the living room😂. You & I are homebrewers and musicians / collectors!!!! Boy we are in bad shape 😊. Luckily my wife is cool with my madness.

Go To Glasses.jpg

My go to glasses. Mainly the bottom three from the left, and in that order. The top glass is just a cheap pilsner style glass I found at Dollar Tree (great place for cheap plain glassware) that I added the Camping With Steve sticker. I don't run my glasses through a dishwasher, so I'm not worried about losing the sticker anytime soon, though it's not a high quality one. The skull mug I got at The Pirates' House in Savannah. It's not heavily used as the other three, but I thought it was a cool looking glass when I saw it, so I had to have it. Amazon has those same mugs without the logo for a decent price.

Yep I suffer from G.A.S. I have guitars, banjos, & amps strung all over the house. Heck I even have a drum kit in the living room😂. You & I are homebrewers and musicians / collectors!!!! Boy we are in bad shape 😊. Luckily my wife is cool with my madness.
Drums in the living room?? I approve of that - though my wife would not. Mine are relegated to the basement with the rest of my music gear. The rest I'm with you 100%. :rock: Homebrew / beer geek / music geek.... My wife complains sometimes, but it's better than some other hobbies.
If she can't find me, I'm more likely to be downstairs than anywhere else.

My imperial stout in the Stone Double Bastard glass. I picked up this glass many years ago and it is still one of my favorite glasses for big beers. It is not as big as a snifter, and only holds about 8-10 ounces or so, but is the perfect size for those huge beers where that serving is civilized. The shape allows for swirling and nosing aroma, when not as full as I filled the glass. Maybe best of all, I just like the way the glass feels in my hand. My go-to for barleywine, imperial stout, and Belgian quads.

Attachments

• CB75A176-540A-424B-BA4B-858345DCA45C.jpeg
    CB75A176-540A-424B-BA4B-858345DCA45C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
For Christmas, my wife got me a set of custom-etched glasses with my home brewery name/logo on them.
View attachment 812696

That looks cool. I've seen where one guy had a Paul W Klipsch logo (from the speaker company, Klipsch...pic below) on his glasses. That used to be a hobby of mine. I still have my Klipsch speakers so I thought that was a pretty cool logo.

pwk_glasses.jpg

I try to get glasses from as many beer places as I can, especially when I travel. I’ve always been a fan of the Willi Becher style glass. It has a nice shape, it presents the head well, and is all around classier than the standard shaker glass. Somewhere in the mid-2000s breweries started using this glass heavily, and this one is one of my favorites. It holds a full pint / half liter with head, and it has sentimental value.

I have friends, originally from Southern California, that now live in Kirkland, WA. My friend works for a major computer software company based in Redmond, WA. You’ve probably heard of it. I’ve been visiting them as often as I can and one of the first local breweries I visited up there was Black Raven. Every time I pour a beer in this glass, I’m reminded of my good friends and good memories.

Attachments

• 870E8084-C194-4A3A-8A7B-A4921C7ABEE8.jpeg
    870E8084-C194-4A3A-8A7B-A4921C7ABEE8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 6D207E49-4C76-4BFF-8C27-9A7D0590FF8D.jpeg
    6D207E49-4C76-4BFF-8C27-9A7D0590FF8D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 64BF3319-C0B0-4F86-9C7E-88183FCD00CF.jpeg
    64BF3319-C0B0-4F86-9C7E-88183FCD00CF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
this thread it NOT helpful....

I've been trying to thin out all the excess crap I've accumulated over the years. stuff I've never used and likely never will.

I've been tossing out excess glassware. You people are NOT helping me :(

......Every time I pour a beer in this glass, I’m reminded of my good friends and good memories.

This is why I haven't got rid of most of my glasses. 90% of my collection is just the typical shaker glass. Each glass reminds me of a point in time I spent with family/friends.

Same with music too. Don't even get me started on that......

About ten years ago my wife and I visited Colorado for our anniversary. On the trip we visited Left Hand Brewing. They served their tasters in these mini snifters that are nicer than your standard 4oz taster, so I had to get one. I like it for my barleywines and other hefty beers. It also helps that I’m left-handed.

Attachments

• 2A14A379-A574-4EC2-89F6-E30893CE039B.jpeg
    2A14A379-A574-4EC2-89F6-E30893CE039B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• 6EC13D3D-8CDD-4658-9CCA-5B3B9819C6E9.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
I have a decent collection, most of it is vintage, 60s and 70s, or has a personal connecting, like where I went to grad school. I keep those in a second had hutch that keeps the dust off. My daily drivers live on magnet shelves on my kegerator.

Attachments

• 20230331_123620.jpg
    20230331_123620.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230331_123628.jpg
    20230331_123628.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back