Grainfather glycol chiller and Conical fermenter placement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicid

Reaction score
Hi folks

I believe some of you have both grainfather's chiller and conical. Same here :)
But unfortunately new equipment usually does not include an additional appartment's space ;) so I'd like to optimize the space somehow....

Do you know/have you tried by chance to install conical on top of the chiller?

At first glance chiller's top looks "just perfect" to have conical installed on top of it. On the other hand it doesbn't feel like sturdy enough to hold fermentor + 23 liters of wort in it.... thus i'm in doubts...

So any1 please?
Thanks in advance for your replies!

I....would not try that. Get one of those cheap stainless tables off of amazon that has the lower shelf to place the chiller with the fermenter sitting above. That’s what i did with my penguin chiller.

Hi folks

I believe some of you have both grainfather's chiller and conical. Same here :)
But unfortunately new equipment usually does not include an additional appartment's space ;) so I'd like to optimize the space somehow....

Do you know/have you tried by chance to install conical on top of the chiller?

At first glance chiller's top looks "just perfect" to have conical installed on top of it. On the other hand it doesbn't feel like sturdy enough to hold fermentor + 23 liters of wort in it.... thus i'm in doubts...

So any1 please?
Thanks in advance for your replies!
I agree with speavle. That’s soft aluminum on the Chiller with circuitry right below it. The conical Fermenter can be very heavy during use and the risk is too high for an expensive failure.

Latest posts

Back