GrainFather BeerSmith App profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traveling_brewer

Reaction score
I've been using the GrainFather for A few batches now. I really like it, but am having issues creating a profile for it in the Beersmith app. I know you can download one on the computer version. Does anyone have the actual numbers that i can plug in. Would be greatly appreciated.

Post 1231 in the large Grainfather posting has what seems to be a good Beersmith setup. I set it up over the weekend but haven't checked it against the Grainfather app.

Post 1231 in the large Grainfather posting has what seems to be a good Beersmith setup. I set it up over the weekend but haven't checked it against the Grainfather app.

I'll take a look. Thank you. Let me know when you try it out. I won't be brewing for a couple weeks. Love the system, just nailing down the profile and efficiency is bugging me.

Same here. I'd like to use on program. Hopefully this weekend I can let you know.

Brewing right now. The setup listed is extremely close .10 gallons more called out on Beersmith for mash water and .10 gallons less called out for sparge. That works for me.

Brewing right now. The setup listed is extremely close .10 gallons more called out on Beersmith for mash water and .10 gallons less called out for sparge. That works for me.

That's great! Now that's set up with the profile in that post? How was your gravity and efficiency?

Overall efficiency was 81%. This is my first Grainfather brew session using Beersmith for water requirements.

Overall efficiency was 81%. This is my first Grainfather brew session using Beersmith for water requirements.

That's great! I'm gonna use it next time I brew. Did you change the water/grain ratio in each step of the mash or just for the main temp test?

you really should make a custom profile. By all means if you can find one then use that as your foundation. But keep in mind that whoever made that profile in all likelihood does not brew or use their equipment in the same way you do. It does not hurt to take your own volume measurements and plug them into the other profile. And it is not difficult at all to just create your own profile without using someone else's.

Here are two tutorials to follow... (They are for systems other than the Grainfather but the basics are there)

Back