Grab bags are back at at nikobrew!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikobrew

Reaction score
Hey folks!

We have a bunch of hops from the 2013 crop that we are blowing out in 4 packs for just $36 each!

Click here to order!

Each "Grab Bag" contains 4 individual pounds of pellet hops. What varieties are they? You won't know until you get them! There's over a dozen varieties in the mix so I WILL tell you that much :p

These are going quick! We posted them on our FB and send out an email blast over the weekend and we've already sold more than half.

Like all our hops they have been stored VERY cold, in nitrogen flushed mylar. As hops are harvested in the fall and pelletized shortly after, these were picked and processed about 2 years and 4 months ago. They will likely not pack quite the same punch as they once did, but we've had some great feedback from folks using hops in this age range as we store them properly, which is key.

As always these qualify for our $5 flat rate shipping to all 50 states! We have great international rates as well.

Just received my order today. I love the selection I got! Can't beat 10 dollars a pound after delivery.

Here is what my grab bag contained:
Calypso
Summit
Bravo
El Dorado

Now what to brew?!? Time to start formulating some recipes.

Just received mine today!

I got:
Mt. Hood
Nugget
Sorachi Ace
Summit

I've only used Sorachi Ace before, so I'm excited to try these new (to me) varietals!

Hey folks! The title here says it all. Thanks for your huge response! We're almost out of Grab Bags and our Warehouse Crew has been busting their butts shipping so we're giving until tonight at 8PM PST for you to order up, or until we're out! Thanks!!

Mine came today as well but with a hiccup!

Liberty, 4.3%
Jarrylo, 16.1%
Zythos, 8.7%
Apollo, 18.3%

I really couldn't be happier, there is NO WAY I would be brave enough to order Jarrylo but I have wanted to do a Pilsner for some time and now I have all I need to make it happen.

Zythos has been out of stock locally for some time now and I want to do a big IPA so I did a little IPA dance when I opened the package and saw them!

Liberty is a great replacement for the Hallertau I just ran out of, I didnt care too much for them so this will be a good experiment as well. Bock anybody?

The Apollo bag was opened when it arrived, I am sure Niko will take care of me though. :D

Hops April 2016.jpg

Just received mine today!

I got:
Mt. Hood
Nugget
Sorachi Ace
Summit

I've only used Sorachi Ace before, so I'm excited to try these new (to me) varietals!

Does the non-vacuumed package mean it's open? If so my Summit appears open.
image.jpg

Check the seal, mine was physically open, your may just be off-gassing. You will want to have it replaced though, lots of the Alpahs will be gone.

EDIT:

Jenn emailed me today, my replacements are on their way! Awesome customer service!!!

My bravo bag was busted and I've emailed a couple times with no response...

Does this mean I get to go pound sand?

^Thanks. I sent out message #5 to him now. I assume that Nikobrew is a reputable shop that will make this right, but expected a bit better response than this. At least I paid by credit card so I have consumer protection...

Back