Gotta Love a birthday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurntOrngeLonghorn84

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, gleened alot of knowledge about home brewing but never made the plunge to buy the equipment. Lucikly I have an awesome GF who was willing to spend about $250 bucks for an early birthday gift.

Needless to say, there is now an Amber Ale brewing in the closet. All of my equipment came from the great guys at Austin Homebrew Supply, lucky to have them in my town. Went with the 2 Stage kit with a bunch of extra goodies, can't wait to expand my equipment but figured I'd brew a couple of batches before I started upgrading.

Here's some of my brew info:

AHS Texas Red (Amber Ale) Mini-Mash Recipe
OG: 1.050 measured (recipe stated 1.055)

Cooked it yeterday and it started ferminting overnight...i love watching the airlock bobble up and down, made me late for work. :tank:

Thanks to everyone for all the great info on this site...hopefully in about 5 weeks or so i'll get to enjoy my own beer.

Welcome to the obsession..I mean addiction...I mean hobby. That's right, it's just a hobby. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Although I don't think the SWMBO is buying it.

Latest posts

Back