Got through my first AG batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nudarkshadowl

Reaction score
Well I brewed my first AG batch yesterday on the new morebeer sculpture! Everything went really well actually. I hit my PH almost dead on at 5.45 for the mash and my pre-boil volumes and SG were right where they needed to be too! The PH meter and digital refractometer worked beautifully! My estimated SG was 1.061 and I hit 1.063. Got the 10.50 gallons cooled down and aerated with the chill wizard and transferred into my conical. Pitched my yeast at 70 degrees and let the conical bring the wort down to 68 degrees over a two hour period. Everything seems to be in order! I will say that I need to work on a few organization things, as well as figure out a better draining method for my waste water. Also, I ran PBW, rinse water, and then Starsan Solution through everything in my system and boy did that take longer than expected so I'll need to work on getting that done faster. All in all I should have 10 gallons of a really good IPA in about a month! Cheers! :tank::rockin::mug:

Back