Got some beer steins.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 108580

Reaction score
My parents got me some pretty cool beer steins for my birthday. My mom said the colorful one was kind of rare. Anybody got any info on how I can research these? I'm curious if theyre rare at all or if she was misinformed.

ForumRunner_20120830_090930.jpg

ForumRunner_20120830_090938.jpg

Not many but I have 215 pint glasses from the breweries I have visited and about 80 growlers...

If they are ceramic then look for a maker's stamp on the bottom. A quick google search with that will probably pull up some EBAY listings + info.

The Germans do volksmarches, or at least they used to, where they gave or sold beer steins and plates, kinda like we do with tshirts. My dad has several from the four years he was stationed in germany with the army. These look similar to the ones that he has, and may be the source of yours.

Volksmarches are hikes for people to do for fitness, with beer at the end. A program started by the Nazis that stuck around.

mrrshotshot said:
My parents got me some pretty cool beer steins for my birthday. My mom said the colorful one was kind of rare. Anybody got any info on how I can research these? I'm curious if theyre rare at all or if she was misinformed.

Yeah check the bottem and google search em. Thy might be qorth 15 to 30 bucks, who knows.

When the wife and I bought our house last year we were given about 30 steins (all from avon) oldest one is 1978.

Cool. I'll check them out and see what I can find. They're both ceramic with what I'm assuming us a pewter lid. I don't think they're too old. I still think they're pretty sweet regardless. The colorful one's my favorite. My mom was told that steins featuring city scapes are harder to come by which has her thinking its semi rare.

Back