got my keg few questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie1980

Reaction score
hi i decided to go for a king keg but i have a few noobish question.
after i have fermented my beer (3 weeks) i then tranfer to keg and am i right i will still have to wait a least 3 more weeks then move to fridge for a 3 days or so and then enjoy.
the other question is i decided to buy some 8 once co2 bulbs and a red bulb holder.. as the site said!!!! will this carp my beer or do i still add priming sugar when i tranfer to keg.. thanks

I can only assume by your grammar that you have not yet graduated high-school, and therefore are too young to brew.

I'm just kidding, but if you take the time to proofread your post you will have more luck receiving thoughtful replies.

If you wish to prime your keg, then yes, it will take about 3 weeks to condition and you can serve it with the small 8g cartridges. These 8 gram(not ounce) cartridges are not large enough to force carbonate a 5 gallon keg.

Edit: I hope that was helpful and not too smart-ass.

Well, I can tell you that you won't get far with those little co2 cartridges. You really need to invest in a tank and regulator. As for turnaround time, if you had a co2 tank, 3 weeks in the fermenter and another week in the keg on the gas (in the fridge) and you should be drinking good beer. Since it sounds like all you have is those little co2 cartridges though, you will pretty much have to prime the keg and wait another 3-4 weeks for the beer to naturally carbonate (just like bottling) and then use your co2 cartridges to dispense the beer.

sorry had a few beers already...
thankyou for reply,, the so what are 8 grams cartidges for, im very new to this and learning all the time.

Well, I can tell you that you won't get far with those little co2 cartridges. You really need to invest in a tank and regulator. As for turnaround time, if you had a co2 tank, 3 weeks in the fermenter and another week in the keg on the gas (in the fridge) and you should be drinking good beer. Since it sounds like all you have is those little co2 cartridges though, you will pretty much have to prime the keg and wait another 3-4 weeks for the beer to naturally carbonate (just like bottling) and then use your co2 cartridges to dispense the beer.

ok cool now i understand alittle more, so the best thing for me to do is invest in a 5lt tank with regulator
thankyou for your reply

Back