got my first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nghtmre4u

Reaction score
well stoped at the local supply shop today and picked up a true brew wheat kit for my first brew told the guy i was just starting out and wanted something fairly easy that will taste good dont want to get turned off by a bad first batch and i know i have alot to learn when it comes to brewing.So he recomended this kit after he asked what i liked.I have all the other equipment since i am a wine maker so i have a few carboys sitting empty right now all i needed was some bottles so i stoped by my local beer dist and asked the lady if i could buy a few cases of her empty stegmier returnabale bottles she sid home brewer huh so she gave them to me for 1.50 a case not a bad deal compared to the price of new bottles.so i may be asking some dumb questions along the way.I am looking forward to this new adventure in home brewing.Sorry for rambling but a little excited about my first brew:mug:

Good luck. Be sure to share your experience and update us all as to the progress of your inagural batch. I'm sure you will do fine. It really is just about yeast, water, malt and hops.

Like everything it takes practice. The first time I tried with a friend, we made our own recipe and, did everything completely wrong, and it ended up non-alcholic and non-carbonated.

The kits are usually pretty good, the directions can be iffy. All I did was read the book that came with my kit, did some research online.

Back