Good websites for recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjay

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to brewing and looking for some good sources for recipes and inspiration.
So if you got any recommendations please link them here :)

Cheers

Dude-scroll down. :cool:

736A51CD-F1BA-455C-8E96-0C45857D3FF2.png

Like Mark said above, there are very few sites that can compare to the 3500 recipes on this one and I have yet to see one of those that has quality peer review like the recipes here do. Most of those 3500 recipes have been analyzed to death and the whole thought process is there for you to decide which suits your tastes best.

Hi
I am new to brewing and looking for some good sources for recipes and inspiration.
So if you got any recommendations please link them here :)

Cheers

Agreed with others that this is a great resource. Also American Homebrewers Assoc. and Craft Beer & Brewing are two others that I regular look through.

Some others that I use less frequent would include Basic Brewing Radio/ Video, The Mad Fermentationist, Maltose Falcons, & Brulosophy.

Recipes got some well balanced coverage in reply #5.

For inspiration, beyond what was mentioned in #5, there are a number of good books. Let me know if you are willing to spend some "hobby money" on them and I'll offer some ideas.

I do use websites, but my main resources are still books.

For a beginner, I'd recommend checking out Morebeer kits, as well as Northern Brewer. For the vast majority of their kits, they list the ingredients and brewing instructions. Start from there, then tweak things as you get more confident.

I'm doing my first all-grain BIAB after 6 extract brews soon. Was going to today but looks like rain in a few hours.

Centennial Blonde right from the forums. Has tons of comments, reviews and seems perfect for beginners and veterans alike.

For a beginner, I'd recommend checking out Morebeer kits, as well as Northern Brewer. For the vast majority of their kits, they list the ingredients and brewing instructions. Start from there, then tweak things as you get more confident.

Totally agree. I have most of Northern's recipes downloaded as my "database" when I first started.

To add to the discussion, I'd also recommend joining a brew club.....well, at least join one after this damn pandemic passes. :rolleyes:

A brew club allows you to sample other, more experienced, brewers' beers. If you find one you like, shouldn't be a problem getting the recipe from that brewer. Brew that, and bring it in to the next club meeting for the other members if you feel it doesn't measure up to the original. Plus, you get to support your local brewery as many clubs will hold their meetings there.

Back