Good to be back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanL85

Reaction score
Well after a child, a move and two years; I finally dragged all my equipment out and brewed again. Prior to that I had been brewing at least once a month for 4 years. Felt good to be back.

Brewed up an all grain zombie dust clone I got off here years ago, but used a mixture of some old frozen hops I had from back before my hiatus and some new (adjusted based on their age). Pretty much was a perfect brew day all things considered, but definitely need to work some kinks out in my new house setup. Although having to clean everything twice was a pain, once before since it was stored in the nasty garage (moving to a new spot after today) and after.

Also need to figure out my water situation, I thought my old water was bad but I could make it work; my new place I'm pretty sure the hardness levels (ca) are well over 300 ppm. So needless to say I used distilled water and adjusted instead.

Anyways that's it, and hope it's not another 2 years til my next one. Planning for round 2 next weekend if I can!

View attachment 1499561777158.jpg

View attachment 1499561792949.jpg

Back