Good spring brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipfab74

Reaction score
OK, guys. I need a suggestion. Going on a guys trip to Nashville in March. I need a suggestion for a good springtime beer that will appeal to a wide variety of beer lovers. Was originally going to do a Whiskey Barrel Stout with Jack Daniels, but those take months to be done right. I'm thinking maybe a red, but I made one of those last year. What are your go to winter thaw type brews? Go!

I'd go for a saison or a maibock. Nothing says springtime to me like a Saison Dupont.

Guy trip implies lots of shannanigans and intoxication. Nashville will serve you well. I imagine this beer will be a daytime drinker, I'd suggest something light and refreshing that won't sit heavy or pack a big punch.

I find my Light Blondes and Light lagers are my beers with the largest crowd appeal, pale ales are next, but once the beers get heavy or dark the crowd thins out quick, Most people like light beer, I do not know why, but they just do not want good beer

This is an email from Tony Simmons, brewer and owner of Pagosa Brewing, for his Kayaker Cream Ale recipe. Just won an award for one if the best beers in the world! I've been brewing it (w/ minor tweaks) for years and it is a great lawnmower beer. I've made it w/ 1056/ 001/ US-05, English, and San Francisco lager strains...all a little different, all very good. I like Saaz, Tettnang, and Styrian Golding hops in this and usually kick the IBUs to 17-20 range.

Malt:* 1.043 OG
90% 2-Row
7% Biscuit
3% Cara-pils
(You can also substitute a nominal % of flaked corn or corn sugar to achieve a more light-bodied, Cream Ale-like beer.)
Hops:* German Noble - 14 IBUs

Ended up getting an English Pale Ale. Guy at the LHBS said it was an easy drinker and milder than an American.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back