Good place to start a kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlickTX

Reaction score
I've been lurking on some commercial restaurant auction sites and I've just noticed this thing called a refrigerated prep station. Looks like a great starting place for a kegerator build at a reasonable entry cost.

http://auction.mainauctionservices.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?mainauction13/1554/4

1554C.JPG

Looks cool but I'm guessing "needs repair" means it doesn't cool and it probably costs more to repair it than it's worth, thus the reason it isn't being sold as refurbished/repaired.

They have other refrigeration items that they will list as "not cooling" so I'm thinking the repair remark has to do with the hole in the top. They do allow inspections in person 4 days prior to the auction so I'll take advantage of that prior to any bid.

If it cools it is worth a look for sure. The hole in top isn't going to be much of a deal breaker since it'll make installing a tower that much easier.

Of u end up with this, I would recommend making a drip tray and tower unit that just dropped in. Comercial units can have coolant lines all over. That hole looks to be one full lexan sized. Maybe a hot/cold table sized hole too (like caffateria lines).Check restaurant supply places like wasserstrom.com for ready made container that you could use. If it's not standard lexan food pan size, and cold table instead, that would be better because most of those are stainless steel.
A Comercial stand up fridge would be best imho, because you would have room for bottles too.

Looks cool but I'm guessing "needs repair" means it doesn't cool and it probably costs more to repair it than it's worth, thus the reason it isn't being sold as refurbished/repaired.

When I opened my iPad this morning, this was what I saw first. For a bit I thought you were talking about a VW bus and I was on thesamba.com :)

Latest posts

Back