Mini-fridge Kegerator conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasik33

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

I have been wanting to give the build your own Kegerator project a try, and overall think it came out really good. Started with a mini-fridge I've had for some time now and decided to go the route of having the tap faucet come out of the door versus the top of the fridge. Mainly went this way since I didn't want to take the chance of hitting any electrical going through the top of the unit.

I was able to get everything from Amazon and just piece it all together versus getting a kit, mainly due to cost efficiency. Would highly recommend going this route as it's much cheaper then spending over a $100 for just a kit of the parts.

Currently have a 2.5 gallon keg in there and also another 1 gallon keg with a ball lock conversion lid.

For CO2, using a 20 oz. Paintball tank with a mini-regulator. Previously had been using the disposable cartridges, and the tank is is much easier without having to adjust as much or add more cartridges.

For the drip tray, made this out of a Smoker box and overall it looked really nice. I had some difficulty with preventing it from being slanted, so ended up finding a pretty reasonably priced one on Amazon.

I have been bottling for the last few years and really wanted to be able to share my homebrew via Draft. Used the Kegerator for a party this weekend and it worked great without any major issues.

IMG-1533.JPG

IMG-1532.JPG

IMG-1531.JPG

1st Pour of my Chocolate Raspberry Stout

IMG-1492.JPG

With the Smoker box drip tray.

IMG-0968.JPG

Cheers to homebrewing!

Back