GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First 3 episodes of Longmire = nothing groundbreaking, more the same from previous seasons. Nothing making me want to quit watching yet

The Punisher, only 2 episodes in and, YES! Definitely better than Iron Fist & The Defenders. Possibly as good as or better than Luke Cage & Dare Devil (s2) and potential to be better than Jessica Jones & Dare Devil (s1)

Full disclosure : I've heard people say DD season 2 wasn't very good, but I really liked it, mostly because of Frank Castle. He's a great character and Jon Berenthal is perfect in the role

First 3 episodes of Longmire = nothing groundbreaking, more the same from previous seasons. Nothing making me want to quit watching yet

The Punisher, only 2 episodes in and, YES! Definitely better than Iron Fist & The Defenders. Possibly as good as or better than Luke Cage & Dare Devil (s2) and potential to be better than Jessica Jones & Dare Devil (s1)

Good assessment GN. I'm about there now and Longmire is ambling along as before, although first episode did bust out the mystic/shaman stuff, Hector, Nighthorse, slimy Mayor, and Henry almost dying from the get-go.

Punisher would get my nod, so far, over all but DD1. With JJ and DD2 not far behind, and the rest in the dust - where they belong.
<edit> I have to note that the Dolby Digital seemed superior to typical series efforts, more spacial and "movie-like".

New "Godless" opens today with bunch of hype. May try to check it out later.

Last edited:
final season of Longmire also on Netflix today
Finished it last night.

Seems like they rushed it a little bit there at the end trying to tie up all the loose ends. All in all I enjoyed the series.

Anyone start Godless? I'm thinking thats my next one.

After I finish narcos

Just finished Season 2 of Stranger Things. I must say, I'm hooked. Any news on when Season 3 will be out?

We're also watching 13 Reasons Why which has us glued to the TV as well.

S1 of Stranger Things came out mid-July, 2016, S2 just came out a couple weeks ago, so next season is at least a year away.

and there will be a 4th season.

caught episode 1 of Godless. a lot of setup; story & characters. other than an entire town being wiped out, not much happens. i'll keep watching, hope it picks up. ;)

S1 of Stranger Things came out mid-July, 2016, S2 just came out a couple weeks ago, so next season is at least a year away.

and there will be a 4th season.

caught episode 1 of Godless. a lot of setup; story & characters. other than an entire town being wiped out, not much happens. i'll keep watching, hope it picks up. ;)

They better hurry, those kids are going to look much older if they haven't already begun filming. I'm curious to see where they take the series.

They better hurry, those kids are going to look much older if they haven't already begun filming. I'm curious to see where they take the series.
Joe Keery, Charlie Heaton and Dacre Montgomery already look like old men. I love the story of Stranger Things, but the casting director has strange ideas of what teenagers should look like.

Anyone try Dark yet?

Its got the thing where the actors are speaking German (I think) but the audio is English instead of just using subtitles. I lasted like two minutes. Can't handle the sound not matching the lips...

Its got the thing where the actors are speaking German (I think) but the audio is English instead of just using subtitles. I lasted like two minutes. Can't handle the sound not matching the lips...
Oh yeah that'd be a no go for me too. I prefer subtitles.

Thanks

I'm 6 episodes in now to Dark and I'm enjoying it.

It's definitely more somber than Stranger things, and there doesn't seem to be any heros.

But its about time travel and the complications that come with that.

I'd recommend it!

I liked all the characters and the story

they all started very one-dimensional, in what seemed like a run-of-the-mill plot, but turned out to be really well done

and yeah, Jeff Daniels was great

also finished The Punisher. maybe stretched out a little too long, I think it could have done without one subplot (the bomber), would have made it a tighter story.

but overall very good. maybe not JJ or DD:S1 good, but definitely better than Iron Fist or The Defenders. so let's put it at Luke Cage or DD:S2 good

I've been watching The Expanse on amazon prime. Really good.

Don't watch the trailer because it makes it look really corny. Which scifi tends to be but the plot so far is very good.

It'll have to take a break though for ^^ my post above. Peaky Blinders is really good. Violent... but really good.

So an elf, an orc, and a human walk into a bar...

Bright was pretty good! Nice concept and would make a great series. It was a lot like Alien Nation - just sub elves and orcs for aliens.

Last edited:
Travelers season 2 is out next Friday.

I've been watching this and love it!

I also tried an episode each of The Guild and The Indian Detective. UGH to both. The Guild is about a group of online gamers who meet and adventure in Real Life. I've played MUDD's since '91 and have been in guilds nearly as long so I count myself as The Guild's target audience. While there were a couple laughs by association, The Guild still failed miserably.

I think you might have to be Canadian or Indian (or both) to get most of the jokes in The Indian Detective. It's about a Canadian constable who goes to visit his dad in India and succeeds at everything that he failed at in Canada. I can tell that there is a humor under there somewhere. Maybe an Indian Canadian on here can pipe in with their thoughts...

Watched the first episode of LA to Vegas last night in bed.

It's really bad. I mean, it's my kind of bad. Cheap, but at least the laughs are regular. I am hoping they come into their own partway through the season.

After that I got into the first episode of the current season of Last Man on Earth. There is something there that keeps me watching even though a lot of people find Will Forte unappealing. Thankfully he plays his character just right and there is some heart to it sometimes to keep it from being just a dumb, (sometimes)dark comedy.

Jack Black had a 5 second cameo in this one.

Got heavily into Punisher over the weekend. Its really good. Probably by far my favorite of these Marvel on Netflix shows.

Back