GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My issue with The 100 is that it is just too tense/depressing, especially Season 2.

I really like Travelers though, and I just realized that Doctor Who is on Amazon now and released a season that I haven't seen.

I watched about half of season 1. I found the dialogue and some of the plot lines and situations to be cliche and eye roll inducing. I may watch some more if I am bored, but most likely not.

My 14 year old son and I watched Travelers. We enjoyed it although I think it got a bit out of control in the last episode. We will watch the next season to see how it shakes out, though.

Checked out The Detroiters last night. Kind of funny. Only watched the Pilot, so maybe it gets better, but it's like Detroit's version of It's Always Sunny, but not quite as good, IMO.

Just watched the second episode the other night. Its a great show and keeps me laughing for sure. Also great to see the locations they film and the memories it brings back :)

Did Pablo Escobar really smoke that much dope? He's sparkin up in damn near every scene.

Most likely, but it was probably viewed more like cigarettes and maybe easier to get (then cigarettes). I'm sure it was probably low quality compared to what the kids are smoking these days from the dispensaries.

Mile Brigbigli "Thank God for Joke"

first LOL of the day. thank you.

& agreed, anything by Mile Brigbigli will be funny

birbiglia.JPG

Started watching Breaking Bad last night. Took a long time to finally check it out, but I had high hopes.

Had... high hopes.

The first episode and I was about 1/3 the way through before I was begging myself to get up and go do something. Maybe it was the mood I was in last night, but I didn't see anything about the show that I could find appealing. Not sure how the rest of the family enjoyed it. Not sure I want to try any more or not.

It's pretty bad when you are asking yourself if the dishes are done, and can I use that as an excuse to stop watching.

Started watching Breaking Bad last night. Took a long time to finally check it out, but I had high hopes.

Had... high hopes.

The first episode and I was about 1/3 the way through before I was begging myself to get up and go do something. Maybe it was the mood I was in last night, but I didn't see anything about the show that I could find appealing. Not sure how the rest of the family enjoyed it. Not sure I want to try any more or not.

It's pretty bad when you are asking yourself if the dishes are done, and can I use that as an excuse to stop watching.

Watch a few more episodes or seasons... It's good, trust me.

Where's the 'Dislike This Post' button when you need one? ;)

Watch a few more episodes or seasons... It's good, trust me.

Agreed with Breaking Bad. Give it 3 episodes before completely giving up

Ok, but what's the appeal? There have been very few dramas that I can sit through. I hate not giving it a chance because everyone else in the world seems to love it, but it's going to have to take a MAJOR redirection before it would be appealing to me.

And my standards aren't very high. Ask anyone.

Breaking bad is kind of like the car wreck that you can't look away from. It's horrible, but in a really interesting way. And it does start a little slow but it builds pretty quickly. Plus, it gets loads better when Saul, Mike, and Hank start having bigger roles.

But a well written intentional kind of car wreck, not a Jerry Springer kind of car wreck.

Also, if it does get you hooked I'll go ahead and say you can skip the fly episode. And any scenes with Skyler.

Homercidal I started watching it a little bit ago too and I felt the same way the first few episodes are meh at best but it gets way better. GrogNerd I was thinking the same thing! You beat me to it!

from what I remember, what little brewing info they have in the show is fairly accurate. I don't recall eyerolling, like I did in an episode of Bones

Hodgens: We haven't seen Booth in a while, so I wanted to brew him a nice IPA for dinner tonight

Had... high hopes.

First season moves at a snails pace.
2nd season it picks up and moves well from there on....

Just started watching Hap and Leonard on Netflix. Pretty interesting so far.

I watched on what ever network it was on. I liked it enough to hope for a second season.

I heard an interview with the author of the books, Joe K. Landsdale, one day and they talked about the upcoming series. It sounded good so I checked it out.

I bet the books are better

I just checked it looks as if season 2 starts on March 15th. It is on Sundance

Nothing terribly original about iBoy but I don't consider it a waste of 90 minutes....

My girls (7-11) just finished the first season of Just Add Magic on Amazon and they seem to really like it.

I rewatched Breaking Bad before Better Call Saul started airing. I think Breaking Bad is my favorite show that has ever aired. Right up there with Fargo. Saul is just as good, so far. Breaking Bad is about a man's slow transformation from helpless to pure evil as realizes his knack for and love of manipulating everyone around him, destroying all in his path. It's an emotional journey and executed very precisely. There's a lot going on and it's a treat to watch. Even the fly episode, it sets up the importance of keeping a lab spotless, which later helps Jesse.

Creator Vince Gilligan decribed it as "turning Mr Chips into Scarface"

Also, watching Jesse follow the same path in the opposite direction

Great characters along with great acting, great writing, great dialog, great directing and an ending that makes sense, unlike other shows.

Like Lost & Dexter.

How can you like Better Call Saul? Nothing has happened, literally.

The slow burn is what I like. It's refreshing to watch a show that's about the characters (brilliantly acted) that delves deep into why they are who they are rather than the frenetic gratuitous action you can get in every other show out there. If you (the royal YOU) want mindless escapism, there's an endless stream of comic book shows to choose from.

The slow burn is what I like. It's refreshing to watch a show that's about the characters (brilliantly acted) that delves deep into why they are who they are rather than the frenetic gratuitous action you can get in every other show out there. If you (the royal YOU) want mindless escapism, there's an endless stream of comic book shows to choose from.

completely agree

I like to watch slow burn character studies and mindless action shows. glad there are people making both

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I watched Episode 2 of Breaking Bad and it was better than Ep1. I little less depressing and a little more comical. Wife wanted me to try it some more, so I obliged. In the very least I may be able to use this as leverage for my own personal gains. MWAHAHAHA!!!!! <evilhandrubs>

Well, I watched Episode 2 of Breaking Bad and it was better than Ep1. I little less depressing and a little more comical. Wife wanted me to try it some more, so I obliged. In the very least I may be able to use this as leverage for my own personal gains. MWAHAHAHA!!!!! <evilhandrubs>

So has she seen it already?

This is not the kind of show you want to "share". I found my self binge watching the last two or three episodes of each season and I would have hated to have to "wait" on another person...

been watching Legion without the BigHair. Hoping she wants to eventually watch (I've been talking it up), so I get to re-watch

as I've mentioned before, because Rachel Keller is so gosh-darn adorable

I've been watching The 100. It's been ruining my life with the sleep deprivation.

So has she seen it already?

This is not the kind of show you want to "share". I found my self binge watching the last two or three episodes of each season and I would have hated to have to "wait" on another person...

I think she's already seen 3 episodes. She did wait for me to watch the second episode this time. I think she really likes, it, but she's also into Mindy Project now, so the impetus is less than if she were binge-starved.

Back